break out

(Poutine is a Canadian dish of fries and gravy, also meat, then topped off with cheese etc. you'll understand why i let yall know later.)

when Thomas got back from the night shift, Dylan didn't dare say a word of the former conversation between his two mother hens. (ki and kaya)

 what was he even meant to say? was he supposed to tell Thomas? or-or was he just assumed to have a talk with him about it?? how do you even start those?

dylan sighed in impediment, slowly sitting up from the shared bed with Thomas's uniform breathing.  he looked at the kitchen, listening to the reticence that took over at curfew. the silence is not what he needed right now. what so ever. he would really appreciate it if Thomas suddenly woke up, but he couldn't be too voracious.

the brown haired boy gradually crept off the bed, looking over his shoulder to check if Thomas had woken up. he very gingerly put on his hoodie so he wouldn't be half naked since he slept in boxers, and tiptoed over to the kitchen, over to his walky-talky. he knew Ava would be up with the scientists, or carpenters, mainly for no reason. so he channelled her in, and seconds later her voice came in. dylan sighed before whispering into the walky: "can I take tomorrows shift off?"

he heard the radio crackle, and her clear voice came in with an: "of course. I was actually going to put Archie on shift."

he nodded to himself, "thank you, ma'am. make sure you get some sleep."

"I will, Dylan, enjoy your day off."

and with that, he leaned into the counter. he just couldn't do it. the tombs shift was so tiring and even the thought made bile rise in his chest. 

maybe a cuppa would calm Dylan down. maybe just laying down with Thomas would calm him down. or maybe some fire whiskey would put him out of his strifes for the night.

but instead of doing anything, he sighed, looking over to the pantry.  something feeling... off. and when he looked over to his side-

"Dylan...?"

he jumped out of his skin at the sound of Thomas's voice, his neck snapping to the figure.

"didn't mean to scare you" Thomas chuckled, walking over to drape his droopy body on the brunette's chest, so casually yet tiredly.

dylan shrugged it off, petting Thomas's back softly.

"ava brought some leftover poutine, you want some?" the brown-haired boy whispered, affectionate and caring

the blonde nodded, his arms not wanting Dylan to go just yet. he seriously wouldn't mind Dylan's hands going a little more down his back, but he swore these thoughts were anything but rational.

" 'gotta let me go first." the brown haired boy whispered, already trudging over to the gas stove with Thomas hooked on him like a koala. he kept his eyes on the tin pan, shown by the dim lighting...

"fine..." Thomas groaned as Dylan finally lifted the container with poutine in it, revealing two plastic forks inside.

"I remember eating this in 8th grade almost every day." the britt said, smiling at his enamoured memories.

"only because Ki could never finish the whole thing, and we'd demolish what was left."

dylan recalled the time they would spend in ki's apartment, being the dumb teens they were.

"good times,"
thomas said as he forked a load of poutine into his mouth, the sleepiness leaving his system. dylan still hadn't taken any, instead, he stared at it with a thoughtful brow. thinking about the conversation earlier, between mostly him, kaya, and Ki. were they supposed to be doing stuff? did Thomas really want that?

"Hey, thomas," Dylan started, catching Thomas' attention. His big bambi eyes just seemed to be so damn interested in what was about to come out of Dylan's mouth

Dylan caved.

"are we supposed to be.. doing... stuff?"

Dylan couldn't look at Thomas as his face burned brightly.

"what kind of stuff?"

"I don't know... Ki just kinda told me you've been frustrated, and i... don't know. you asked to go slow and that's what I've been trying to do-"

"frustrated in what way?" Thomas honestly... he just... regretted asking to go slow.

"sexually." the brunette sighed like a load had been taken from his chest, and he stuck a fork in the poutine, shrugging slightly, authorising himself to look at Thomas who was already staring at him sternly.

thomas nodded slowly, gritting his teeth and... for a moment... he looked furious. He was very much the opposite.

"I guess I have been..." Thomas admitted, putting his fork down.

"it's been six months, Dylan. and we've barely even properly kissed..."

"but you asked to go slow, and i-"

"I know what I said, I know."

dylan nodded, not really knowing what to do or even what to say to that

"I just... do you know what it did to me when you kissed me like that? after I sang to you? I drove me insane, dyl..."

he very visibly was struggling with keeping himself calm and obtained, though his voice was rising the slightest.

"or what it did to me when I couldn't touch you in any way, shape, or form for months?"

no, of course, Dylan didn't know. why would he?

"and even now, how you're so sweet. how you walk or talk, your laugh, how hot you look when you're focusing on a target... how you sleep practically naked and I have to feel that every night!"

"I'm... sorry??" Dylan swallowed

"you just make me hot all over and inside, and you're such a tease without knowing it! that's so unfair... it's even more unfair when I can't pin you up against the nearest wall and snog the hell out of you. trust me, if I could, you don't know the number of times I would-"

"why can't you?"

thomas sighed, looking at the poutine again, shaking his head. he couldn't answer that. he was afraid Dylan wouldn't like the answer.

"why... why can't you?"

fuck.

"i... I don't know, Dylan... I just... wouldn't be able to stop. to control me... myself, and I know that sounds weird, but after wanting you for so long and finally getting you, how could I hold myself back?"

he was scared he'd ruined Dylans image of him, and he sighed. he sighed in frustration because... his dick was still in his pants because he ruined his chances... so he thought.