06 : Second Target

It's been a week since that incident. Kana was discharged two days after she was admitted but I didn't tell Hiroshi and Hayate what happened that night. For some reason, I couldn't bring myself to inform them about her.

"What's the status of your project?" tanong ni Hayate kay Hiroshi.

"It's been compromised."

"What?" I butted in. "What happened?"

He heaved a heavy sigh. "They managed to track the weapons. It must be Sir Tora. Now I won't be able to continue that research."

"What did they say?" tanong ko ulit.

"See for yourself."

He placed his KT on the table and a holographic image of the current head technician of the Technology department appeared.

"Hiroshi of Atama family, please see me after you finish your final requirement. And from now, you are forbidden to enter our facilities alone, unless you let one of our staffs accompany you all the time. In addition, we will inspect your laboratory to see if you have been doing unauthorized researches. That's all. Good day."

Natahimik naman kami matapos niya 'yong sabihin. Hayate and I carefully watched Hiroshi's expression. We didn't want to anger him in this kind of situation.

"That just means you have a poor data security," Kana suddenly remarked. "Getting traced that easily . . . the future of the Technology department seems bleak."

Kana continued bandaging her left wrist as I broke out in a cold sweat while staring at her. I could feel the tension in the room and I knew Hiroshi was just a second away from snapping. Before they could go at each other's throat, Hayate immediately drag Hiroshi to the other room while I marched toward Kana.

"You really don't know how to pull your punches, do you?" I commented.

"I just stated the truth," she nonchalantly replied.

"But—"

"Own laboratory in the technology department? A temporary suspension instead of the normal punishments that students must go through whenever they violate rules? He's been privileged since he was born and I'm sure he's been showered with compliments because of his so-called brilliance. It's about time someone reminds him of his shortcomings."

Hindi naman ako nakapagsalita matapos niyang sabihin 'yon at naalala ko ang nangyari noong nakaraan. When I held her weapon, what happened during the time of its creation flashed into my mind. That must be the root of her displeasure.

"You can say it in a nicer way though," I muttered but she scoffed at me.

"No way."

Napailing na lang ako habang pinapanood ko siya. They're both blunt so I always worry whenever they start bickering.

Lumabas naman sina Hayate at Hiroshi sa kwarto at mukhang kalmado na siya ngayon. However, it seemed like he had already equipped himself against Kana. There was a familiar device attached to his ears and I remembered the time both of them wore that because apparently, according to them, I was too loud and pesky that time.

It was a a noise filter, one that blocks undesirable frequencies and they set the parameters into which they couldn't hear my voice at all. Those damn guys.

Well, this time, he must have used that to completely shut off Kana's voice.

At least, hindi natuloy ang away nila.

Naging busy naman kami sa kanya-kanya naming working area. Hayate kept tabs on the current wanted list and updated our journal while Hiroshi continued tinkering with the wires and devices on the floor. Kana, on the other hand, was training by herself and assessing the condition of her body.