08 : Superior

We followed Hayate even though we had no idea about his plan. He said we were going to the third exhibition. That meant another explosion was bound to happen.

"Did you already solve the case?" tanong ko nang nasa gilid na ako ni Hayate.

"Not yet," he replied. "But I now know his or her motive."

"How?"

"Because of Kana."

I saw the excitement brimming on his face. He's composed most of the time but he looks like an excited child when faced with challenging cases like this.

Binuksan ko ang files ng suspects at muli kong binasa ang mga nakuha naming information tungkol sa kanila.

Desiree Doras is a chemical engineer who got fired from her job because of her attitude toward her co-employees. She was in the facility, where the first explosion happened, because of her friend who was admitted there. During the second explosion, it seemed like she was waiting for someone according to the guard who saw her.

Ronald Tadeo was one of the caretakers in the facility for the disabled but some patients dislike him because of his indifference. He narrowly escaped the explosion during the first attack while he witnessed the entertainment bar getting blown up when he was with his friend.

The third suspect was Ramon Jose Tuazon, a retired general who happened to visit the facility during the explosion. However, he was seen observing the bar from the outside during the second explosion.

Lastly, Patricia Ibañez, an ex-convict who got discharged several months ago. Apparently, his son was in the facility and got minor injuries from the blast. During the second attack, she terror was written on her face as she watched the bar got blown up.

All of them were suspicious but we didn't have enough information to determine who was the terrorist.

After some time, we arrived at the first crime scene and my heart sank when I saw the debris of the facility. The people who died and got affected by the explosion were just trying to live their lives despite their conditions.

"Did he solve it?" bulong ni Kana habang nakatingin kay Hayate na ngayon ay nauuna sa amin.

"I think he's close," I replied. "He said he knows the criminal's motive, thanks to you."

Pagkasabi ko no'n ay napahinto siya sa paglalakad at nakita ko naman ang pagkunot ng noo niya.

"Maybe your statements about the Shinigamis gave him an idea," Hiroshi suddenly said as he appeared beside me. "You know a lot about them. That's impressive."

"What are you implying, smartass?"

There they go again. Bakit ba sa tuwing nag-aaway sila ay ako ang napapagitnaan? It felt like waiting for two bombs to explode.

"They say it takes one to know one," Hiroshi taunted.

She scoffed. "I didn't know you were this stupid," she retorted. "Ah. And if I'm a Shinigami, you'd be dead the moment we meet each other."

Maglalakad na sana palayo si Kana pagkasabi niya no'n pero agad siyang napahinto nang muling nagsalita si Hiroshi.

"Just like what they did with the Hansen clan?"

Kana's shoulder tensed and I could feel the immense pressure and tension building up between them. They were seconds away from cutting each other's throat but Hayate intervened on time.

"What are you three doing? Come here."

The tension in the atmosphere gradually subsided when Hayate called us. Kana glared at Hiroshi before she walked toward Hayate's direction.