15 : It's Time

It's been a tough week.

After what had transpired that day, we ended up getting detained in the Intelligence Department's isolation chambers, except for Kana.

Hayate's summons alerted the Technology and Intelligence Departments of our whereabouts and they immediately dispatched rescue units since we did not log anything in our journal that day. The directors, as well as Sir Eiichi, were furious because of our actions, especially since it involved the subduing of an Elite and the demise of a humdrum.

'Let's see if this will work.'

My eyes drifted to the wall when I heard Hayate's inner voice.

'Hayate? Wait. How?' I asked. As far as I know, isolation chambers have similar structures to the special rooms in the Medical department, thus, making them impenetrable by inner voices and brain waves.

'I saw the guards talking to an administrator. It seems like they have already deactivated the blockers and filters in our rooms,' he replied. I guess his sixth sense could still function here.

'Oh. I can hear the both of you.' This time, it was Hiroshi.

Naghintay ako kung maririnig ko rin si Kana pero walang nangyari. I guess she was being handled by the President and the Council since her identity as a Hansen clan member was revealed that night.

Several minutes passed and the door this room suddenly came into view. It disappeared the moment I stepped into this place a week ago and seeing it again made me feel hopeful . . . or not.

I flinched when I saw Sir Eiichi walking toward me with a stern expression. As the one handling for the Fielding course, he would also share responsibility and would be reprimanded by the administrators.

"Your group has achieved something crucial and that will surely boost your grade and standing but I am very disappointed in your action as the leader," he said and my heart sank upon hearing those words from him.

'It's not her fault.' Nagulat naman ako nang marinig ko ang boses ni Hayate. 'It's not just the leader's fault. We all decided to help our teammate because that's the right thing to do.'

'Is carrying out a mission that could jeopardize our network of intel and endanger the lives of the humdrums the right thing to do? I expected more from you, Hayate. And you, Hiroshi, do you want to tarnish the names of your mother and grandfather? Do you think just because you are from a family of genius, you can do everything you want even if your own department tells you not to? I had high expectations from the three of you but you showed me that you still couldn't be trusted with this kind of operation.'

The three of us remained silent. Everything that we say would just sound like an excuse. He was right. We did the right thing in a wrong way.

'I'll see the three of you in my office tomorrow,' he mentioned as he turned away. 'For now, go to the President's office. They are waiting for you.'

***

Sir Eiichi's words repeatedly echoed inside my head. I knew we should be worried about the consequences of our actions but the guilt overpowered my fear. We had disappointed a lot of people who expected a lot from us and that was more disheartening than the punishments we would receive.

Tahimik kaming naglakad papunta sa Office of the President. Sir Hideo would always be lenient to us but this time, it would surely be different.

Pabigat naman nang pabigat ang mga hakbang ko habang palapit kami sa office ni Sir Hideo. I could feel the pressure from the presence of several people and it felt like we were entering a lion's den.