Kapittel fjorten

We left the house, and travelled through the rest of town. Marek and Giulia stayed near the front, whilst the rest of us stumbled at the back. It was getting late and we were going nowhere. I was tired of walking; but then I noticed a rusty truck parked in a ditch on the side of the road. I stopped and yelled to the front of the group.
"Giulia, you can drive can't you?"
She came to a halt, and turned and nodded. I pointed to the truck- she jogged over to it. The door had been left open, with the keys still in the ignition. The remains of the original driver were scattered over the front seat. There was a bag on the floor, which I scavenged through, only to find an old coat. Giulia and I threw everything out of the cabin.
"Everybody come!" she shouted, "There's enough room for all of us."
Marek climbed into the front with the tablet. Zack, Leysa and Reina sat in the back seats, whilst Arick and I sat in the cargo bed. We pulled the cover over the top, which had rips and holes all over it.
"We've got enough fuel to get us about fifty miles," Giulia sighed, shaking her head, "better use it wisely."

Whilst Giulia drove down the almost melted road, me and Arick sat in the back in silence, until Arick broke it about half an hour into the journey.
"You said you wanted to talk?"
I turned to him, "Did I?"
"Earlier, you said you wanted to talk about the situation we have."
"Oh, that."
"So do you not like me then?"
I put my hand on his, "Arick of course I do, last night was amazing, I just feel a bit embarrassed about everyone knowing."
He smiled, and leant forward to kiss me again, but we then felt the vehicle come to a halt. I peaked out of the tear in the cover and saw a giant concrete wall standing in front of the truck. I pushed the cover towards the end of the truck and jumped out of the cargo bed. Arick followed, and the others were already out of the truck, staring at the misty grey structure that stood in front of us, although it wasn't just in one spot; it spread all the way from the east horizon to the west. There was no way of getting past it. There was petrol coloured hue emitting from the wall.
"What the hell is this?" Marek spoke in a confused tone. He had the tablet with the map on in his hand, "It's not on the map."
"It must be the border of The Senter," Reina replied, "but it wasn't here when I past through it?"
"How long ago was that?" Leysa asked.
"Two months ago."
"How did they..." Leysa was interrupted by the sound of gunshots coming from behind us. Somebody caught Giulia and dragged her backwards. There were more of them, all dressed in similar clothing to that of the army. I yelled and ran towards them, the others followed.

But then I was caught.