Chapter 5 • Horror Scene

I stared at her like she was crazy. Is this a prank? Are we in one of those YouTube videos that do social experiments? "But, are we going to pretend that our teacher isn't missing?" I asked her but mostly the entire class.

"I mean what do you want us to do?" A black chubby kid with glasses started speaking. "There's not much to do except call the police or stay here pretending nothing's wrong."

The lightskin kid by the door nodded in agreement. I looked at both kids then back at Elizabeth. "Let's travel the room."

Elizabeth's face lit up with excitement. She digged in her pockets and grabbed a bobby pin then started to pick the lock. As soon as she put the pin in, the door creaked opened. Mutters emerged in the classroom.

"If we die I'm killing you in the afterlife." Lucifer threatened.

"Oh quit it, Lucifer." I shook my head at him unfazed by his threat. Afterall, the only one he'll kill is Lisa since she's obviously got the hots for him. I walked up to Elizabeth who was waiting for me before opening the door even wider.

Together, we pushed the door slowly, only for it to reveal a man lying down on the floor with possibly blood surrounding him. This is basically a horror scene.

"Please don't tell me he's.." I couldn't finish my sentence. I swallowed the vomit that was fighting it's way to come up. I looked down at my feet trying to calm down, this wasn't my first time seeing a dead body but it still scares me.

"Oh fuck if he's dead let's go bury his body somewhere." The lightskin kid said while peeking over my shoulder. I shook my head at him. How could he remain so calm and collected?

"If he's dead then call the dang police!" Lisa yelled from her seat. I rolled my eyes at her whining, just to turn around and see that she was clinging to Lucifer while shaking. Focusing too much on her, I didn't notice Elizabeth moving closer to the body.

"Elizabeth what the-"

She put her hand in front of me signaling me to stop talking. She walked towards the body and let out an exaggerated sigh. "Well, I guess it's time to light him on fire."

The body instantly jumped up and we all started screaming except Elizabeth. "PLEASE THERE'S NO NEED FOR THAT." The young adult was a white man, looks like he's in his early 30s. Remember those emo hairstyles that were popular in 2012? Yeah, that's what's on his head.

Our teacher, Mr.Dir, was groveling. It was such a pathetic sight but my heart was still beating fast. Everyone was on edge except Eliza, who was laughing her butt off.

"You did a great job pretending to be dead. Bravo!" She clapped her hands and wiped an imaginary tear from her cheek.

"So, let me get this straight. You pretended to be de-" I was interrupted again but this time by the lightskin kid.

"First off who are you and why did you decide to scare us half to death?" His tone was rather harsh with a hint of caution. The adult male got up from the floor and dusted his khaki pants.

"Good morning everyone!" He said with confidence while pushing through us. "For the rest of the year, I'll be your music teacher, Mr.Dir."

I rubbed my forehead rather aggressively and started praying. Lord, if you truly loved me you wouldn't have given me a crazy ass teacher.

Mr.Dir looked at us with a confused look, "What are you guys waiting on? Go to your seats."

My head hurts, it's like all of my energy left my soul just having to deal with this. What's up with this school? First, adults who had no filter around children. Second, rats, and now teachers who are crazy?!

Letting out a deep breath, trying to exhale all of the negative energy, Lucifer started to rub my shoulders causing me to slightly jump. He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "It's okay, just relax." His voice mesmerized me. I loved when he was all calm and less cranky. The Lucifer I can handle. Luke..

Wait, what am I thinking? Since when did I feel this way about Lucifer?

"Ouch!"

Lucifer let go of my shoulders and pouted, "Did I do something wrong?"

God, why did he look so cute. I shook my head at him, "No, I felt a shock on my thigh.." my words started to trail, just with my eyes as well.

Lisa rubbed the top of her pen, with a smirk engraved on her small plastic looking face. She turned to me, "Aw, try not to get your thighs so close." She whispered so only I could hear.

Is she..