twenty-five.

Elliot's smugness knew no bounds as he mocked Celeste. That was the reason why he was caught off guard when Celeste decided to jump on him. At first, he wondered whether it was going to be like those deodorant adverts that he had seen so much in the past where girls went flying merely to get closer to the guy wearing it, but then he looked at her face. It screamed murder.

Elliot was slow to react.

Stuck for a moment in the indecisive mode of fight or flight, he dodged the attack one second too late.

Celeste's blade nicked his chest. The skin right above his heart split open, drawing blood.

"What the fuck?" Just as the words were out of Elliot's mouth, Celeste growled then attacked once again.

"Not this time," Elliot jumped back, dodging the attack easily he took the battle stance. Then, he came up behind her, caging her in her own arms, surrounded by his.

Instead of surrendering to his lock, Celeste bent her knees a little and spread her feet shoulder-width apart. She got her arms free of his hold, struggling and moving against him as much as possible.

Stretching herself a bit to the front, she put minimal distance between him and herself. It was enough for the next step. She reached as far back as possible for her and used her right hand to grab Elliot by the hair. Forcing her chin forward, with her left hand, Celeste grasped his shirt at the tricep and bent at the waist towards the ground.

She threw Elliot off-kilter by locking her knees, and at the same time, pulled him over her shoulder. She finished the fight by slamming him to the ground. Elliot was breathing hard as Celeste spun around, straddling him. She punched him hard in his pretty face then got up.

Elliot lay there shocked as she dusted her palms and then she glowered at him, placing a foot on his chest.

"Never mock me again if you can't handle what follows," she walked back to her rooms with a thundering heart.

She was equal parts giddy and worried.

It didn't matter that he was her mate, she might have just royally pissed off the Alpha's son and that might bring down the Alpha's wrath on her. Apart from that worry seeping through her mind, she was proud of standing up to the big-bad-wolf. Being her mate didn't make him any more entitled to her, did it?

That or not, Celeste had self-respect and she would not let this horrible two-faced creature take that away from her.

Her wolf, Niya, was not happy with her for keeping the mates apart from each other. It was akin to a crisis for her; the hardest and biggest dilemma.

With such a line of thinking, Celeste fell into a disturbed sleep.

In the morrow, her parents paid her a visit. It was funny to see how they were unaware of the intermediate trip that she'd had, unplanned. Now that she had met her grandparents, albeit, in the world of sight, she understood her mother better. The resentment that she had carried in her heart for Colina had melted in the days apart. Moreover, now that she was herself a part of the women channelling magic, she couldn't think it to be hypocritic.

However, being the rebel that she was, she tried not to show all at once how her opinions had changed.

"Is there any progress?" Celeste questioned Blayne after they'd finished with the pleasantries.

"Things are coming along, although I have come to terms with the fact that I won't ever be able to shift," there was a lingering sadness in his voice, "but it's fine isn't it? It was time I retired," he joked, trying to lighten his daughter's mood.