Foolish

»»————- ☆ ————-««

Jungkook knew he had a reason to dislike his father.  Especially when he broke all connections with his son just because of his god damn job.  It was selfish of him, Jungkook will admit, but it was no reason for Jungkook to steal from him.  In fact, Jungkook felt almost bad for him.

Jungkook checked the time, he still had about an hour of time left.  It should be okay.  The boy entered his father's workspace.

"Jungkook-ah.  You're back so soon?" a warm smile grew on the man's face.

The boy smiled back politely, "yeah.  I was just too overwhelmed the other day and I didn't get a chance to talk to you properly so..."

Just as his father was about to respond, a loud sound of breaking glass sounded outside, following with a scream.

Jungkook cursed internally.  He didn't know the boss was distracting his father with violence.  The younger felt guilt in the pit of his stomach as his father ran out of his room.  "Jungkook, stay inside here, okay?"

Jungkook nodded his head.  As soon as the man exited the door, gunshots were heard.  He closed his eyes, guilt overtaking him all over again.  Fuck... it's my fault these people had to suffer.

Waking up to his senses again, the boy stumbled to his father's desk drawer.

"Bottom left drawer... bottom left drawer..." Jungkook mumbled to himself as he opened the drawer.

Just as Yoongi said, the code sat on the top of the stacks of scrap paper.  The code looked like a series of random numbers because there were about 10 or so digits.  No wonder Yoongi didn't have enough time to memorize.

Jungkook took out his phone, snapping a picture before cautiously going out of the room.  He nearly dropped his phone when he saw armed soldiers pointing their guns at the workers, who were hiding behind their seats in fear.  One of them was Jungkook's father.

One of the soldiers eyed on Jungkook, motioning him to leave the door.  Unfortunately, his father caught the interaction between the two of them.

"J-jungkook-ah? What's going on?" Jungkook saw the fear in his father's eyes like he suddenly didn't know his own son anymore.

Jungkook rushed out before his father could say anything else.  He couldn't bear to see his father's face again.  Not when he thinks Jungkook was behind all this.

The boy felt his tears trickling down his cheeks as he entered the elevator.  Midway, the elevator door opened and the red-haired guy appeared on the other side.  If Jungkook recalled... his name was probably Hoseok.

"Jungkook?  I-is everything okay?" Hoseok worriedly stared at the boy, his hand holding a cup of coffee that was probably for his father.  

Jungkook bit his lip, looking away.  "Nothing.  Get out of the elevator."

Hoseok, who was offended but at the same time very confused, quickly stepped out of the elevator and Jungkook watched the face of the boy disappear behind the doors.  He knew he didn't have to be rude to the poor boy, but Jungkook didn't have time to explain to these people.

The younger ran out of the building.  He pressed the game app and held his phone against his mouth impatiently.  "I have the code. Send me the addr-"

"Jungkook...." he heard Taehyung's weak cry from the other side.

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat, unable to cope with the sudden shock. "T-taehyung? Is everything okay? Please talk to me."