:eleanor

DILLON MARLA JONES

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

"Ms Jones" welcomed the man on the desk like usual, I sent him a small and subtle, yet polite head nod and he pointed to Eleanor's office

I knocked on the door of her office and after a few anxious seconds of silence, there was a call from inside. I opened the door and Eleanor put down her phone and sighed.

"Sorry about that, Dillon" she apologised motioning towards the chair for me to sit down and I did very slowly crossing my legs and perching just on the edge of the chair.

"It's okay, really" I smiled threading my hair behind my ear worriedly.

Eleanor sat backwards on her chair and assessed my stance before giggling and sitting forward to pass me a pile of papers. I looked down at them and noticed my name on the first page.

"I read over your work and it's perfect" she smiled and the sweat that was pouring off of my hands slightly tried and I sighed with relief.

"Really?" I was in shock, honestly I didn't expect for my first draft that I sent off to be perfect.

"Absolutely, our team got together and read it in awe. You have a real talent and to say this is your first draft- wow" Eleanor smiled, she had a proud look across her face and it kind of made me giddy.

"So what do I work on? What do you need?"

There was an awkward silence as Eleanor twirled her pen between her fingers and finally placed it between her lips to nibble on it anxiously.

"We need rights." She finally blurted.

"Excuse me?" I asked in complete disbelief I sat forward in my chair and gnawed on my bottom lip "rights to what?"

"Oh don't act so worried" Eleanor giggled spinning a little on her chair before grinding to a halt "the team I read your work to want to publish it, literally as soon as you finish the whole thing they want it to go on the shelves"

I scowled.

"S-so why do they need rights?"

"It's going to be a hit, you're so famous miss Jones! They have an estimated shelf stock before sold out between a week and 3 days. That's incredible!" Eleanor carried on as if I hadn't asked the same question multiple times.

I placed my hands on my knees to calm my bobbing knees, I was so nervous that my whole body was shaking.

"Thank you" I barely muttered. "And the rights?"

"And the rights are for a contractual agreement between a potential film producer and you, my lovely"

My mouth parted and with every second it gaped further and further apart in complete shock. I almost stood up from the chair in disbelief but the tight grip on the arms kept me grounded.

"They want to make it into a film?" I gasped "this one? Not the others?" I paused again "the one about me?"

"Yeah" Eleanor beamed, she was so incredibly proud of her young writer "but I don't want you to panic about that, I don't want you to write it as if its going to be a movie. You'll be able to be in charge of that too"

I couldn't handle myself, I finally stood up and squealed, something Eleanor had been waiting for from me in a while.

"I'm gonna be in charge of that? Like I'm going to work with a director? And cast people to play myself? Eleanor oh my-"

I had gotten so excited that I had started to bounce from one foot to the other.

"Yes but please keep this between you and me, you'll have chance to tell everyone else when the papers are signed"

I reached out to shake her hand timidly and when we gripped another squeal left both of our lips.

"What's the receptionists name?" I quickly asked as I looked around for the scarce belongings I had brought with me.

"Taylor?"

"Thank you!" I called almost sprinting out of the room, my phone gripped in my hand, with excitement surging through my veins.

As I skidded across the reception I nearly forgot the reason I had asked for the receptionists name but as usual he called out.

"Goodbye ms Jones" he hollered and instead of the sad and shy head nod, I turned to him with a big beam.

"Goodbye Taylor" I shouted with a wave. His mouth parted in shock but before he could say anything else I had broken out into a sprint across the parking lot.

I practically jumped in my car and obviously the magnetic energy pulled me straight to Kian's house.

There was no one else I wanted to share my excitement with.

I didn't even knock, I burst through the front door. Noticing the house empty I skidded down the hall and then towards outside where sure enough I found all of who I was looking for sat in the hot tub.

I threw my phone towards the table and barely had time to kick off my sneakers before sprinting to the water.

"Dillon?" Called Jc questioningly which made Kian snap towards where I was stood, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

Kian stood in the hot tub, worried.

"What happened?" He panicked assessing my stance.

"They-" I choked on my words "-they loved it" I broke out into a smile and ran to Kian where I allowed him to hold me in a bear hug even though he was drenched.

He playfully pulled me over the edge and even though I was in all my clothes pulled me into the warm water still in a tight hug.

The boys started to hoot and splash, Bobby hitting the waves making splashes, Jc chanting my name over and over again and Chelsey attempting a whistle.

My heart could've exploded with the love that that moment held.