Introduction

Rated PG because zombies.

Jell-O! This is a collab with my friend, scienceofirony, we started on Archive of Our Own (all links at the bottom). It is humanstuck and zombiestuck (SO MUCH COOLNESS!!!).

We need better chapter names...and better summary...and a better title...hehehe

0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0

A young girl sits on the sidewalk, dripping wet. The sky is dark with storm clouds and the remains of a car accident lay before her, though she does not appear hurt. Her name is Roxy Lalonde and she couldn't care less about the oncoming rain.

“Roxy? What are you doing here?!”

She tilts her head up to face the speaker. A man holding grocery bags and a red umbrella. Blonde hair sticking out of a black cap and a cool pair of shades.

“Bro,” Roxy acknowledges, surprised to see her voice still works.

“You skipping school, Lalonde?” He grins wickedly. “Nice, but you should probably go dry off. Wouldn't want to deal with a nasty cold later.”

She opens her mouth to answer, but nothing comes out. Her normally vibrant, violet eyes look glassy and the lack of emotion scares her. Bro, genuinely concerned, crouches next to her and places a hand on her shoulder.

“Hey, Roxy, what’s wrong?” It's okay, she tells herself. Bro is here. Things will be fine.

“Excuse me, sir, do you know this girl?” A young policewoman appears, clipboard in hand. “Maybe you can help. We can’t seem to get her to speak. Still in shock, I guess, but you’re the first to at least get a reaction from her.”

“Yes,” Bro looks back and forth between the woman, Roxy, and the remaining battered cars. “Roxy. Roxy Lalonde. What happened here?”

“Lalonde, you say?” The lady's eyes widen and she quickly scribbles something on her clipboard. “Is she perhaps related to a certain Mrs. Lalonde?"

Roxy tries to speak up, once more, to explain things to Bro Strider, but stops the moment she feels tears welling up. Calm down, don't loose it.

“Yes, yes she is. Now, seriously, what’s going on?” Bro exclaims, standing up defensively in front of Roxy.

“Car accident,” The policewoman states coldly. Suddenly there's a whimper and both adults look down to find the girl, shaking and with her face buried in her bag.

“Roxy...” Bro opens his arms and the shaking girl gratefully accepts his hug.

“She…she was just trying to save us…Rose was in school and…” Roxy’s hiccups are muffled by Bro's shirt. “I didn’t want to go, that’s why she was upset…it’s my fault she was distracted, I didn’t mean to…I just…I just wanted to…” It wasn't that 'Survivors Guilt' people talked about, she knew she wasn't making this up. She had lost control earlier and ran away. Mom had only been trying to find her and to explain things, but in the end she never got the chance. If Roxy had just stopped to listen...

“It's okay, it's going to be fine, Roxy," he was still a bit confused, but it didn't take a genius to guess Mom Lalonde had been involved somehow. After letting her cry her eyes out for a bit more, Bro ruffles her hair affectionately. "Here's what we'll do: I can go pick up Rosie and you just stick with the policewoman here, 'kay? We'll meet you at the hospital." He kept his face as expressionless as possible, not letting the girl know how worried he felt.

The girl nods, but she knows it's hopeless. Because she was there. She watched horrified as both vehicles collided, soon to be joined by four more. She had seen it happen, and she'd seen her. She'd seen mom. Her pale skin blotched with red.