Cutie Patooties' Adventures

It was late at night when just one room at the research floor of the hospital was dimly lit and hushed voices could be heard. Weary from lack of sleep, Hussie and Noir talked while cleaning everything up.

“You know, we could’ve let her live…”

“Of course not! Are you idiot?”

“Who are you calling an idiot, eh?”

“Someone would’ve eventually found out about our experiment sooner or later”

“You say it as though they could trace it back to us”

“Because they could”

“There’s no evidence. Plus, the operations were top secret… idiot”

“In any case, she was too dangerous to keep alive”

“Are you… are you by any chance quoting Pandora?”

8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8o8

Rose Lalonde beholds with amusement as Dirk gets his butt kicked by her sister at Mario Kart.

"No no no... fuck."

"OH HELL YEAH!" Roxy fist bumps the air. "That's 2 for me and none for you!"

Dirk pouts while she sticks her tongue out.

"I'm not playing with you anymore," he states for the umpteenth time that day.

"Fine, who needs you when I've got Rose here," Roxy throws her arm around her little sister.

"Oh, you wish," Dirk grabs Rose's arm and pulls her away from her sister. "Rose is playing with me ‘cause you're not fair."

"I am fair!" Roxy cradles Rose's head and glares. "You are just a sore loser!"

"No, you're not fair and you're burying Rosie's nose inside your stinky armpit!"

"I'm not stinky! You're sweatier than Zahhak!"

"Don't be stupid! And you're the one who didn't shower this morning, therefore you stink."

"I don't stink! Look! Smell my sweatshirt, it's CLEAN!"

Rose comes to the conclusion that sitting in the middle of the couch was not one of her greatest ideas.

"Guys, stop it," she glares at both seventeen-year-olds. "You're being unpleasant."

For some reason Dirk starts grinning like an idiot.

"Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about something," she says with all the seriousness in the world.

"Oh," Dirk and Roxy lock eyes before turning back to the younger girl.

"Yeah, it's... umm... actually, it's about Mom."

The cheerful atmosphere seemed to have left the room, giving way to a horrible stillness.

"What about Mom?" Roxy asks with a feeble attempt at a confident smile.

"Well," Rose takes a big breath before continuing. "It's about... I just... I... I want to know what was really going on. Before the accident. You said she'd been acting crazy and..." her voice trails away and she fixes her sister with a brilliant violet stare. "Roxy, why was she trying to get us out of the country so desperately? Was she afraid of something or... ?"