Chapter 1

It was a Sunday in the middle of Winter when Ruby was laying comfortably in her heated double bed, she had no work or school today and all intentions on staying in bed the whole day, until she heard the dreaded sound of a knock on the front door. At first she tried to ignore it, since if it was her parents they would have a key or at least her mobile number to call her to come to the door. After the tenth knock she decided that whoever this person was, they weren't going away.

Ruby reluctantly lifted the blankets off herself and climbed out of bed, running down the stairs to her front door. She opened the door to find an extremely tall blonde boy holding a big brown box. She instantly regretted her choice of sleeping attire as she looked down at her Spongebob boxer shorts and Ninja Turtles t shirt. The boy could tell that she was embarrased, he had a subtle smirk on his face. "Can I help you?" Ruby questioned, trying to hold back laughter. "I'm here to drop off this box for your mum" He giggled still looking at Ruby's boxer shorts "Oh and I am Luke by the way, our mums are friends". She let Luke into the house so that he could carry the box in. "My names Ruby, Whats in that box anyway?" She asked him curiously.

"I think it's some of my mums old cooking books" He replied, Ruby giggled to herself at the thought of her mum baking.

"Luke, you look familiar I swear I know you from somewhere?" 

"I graduated from Norwest last year, Your mum said you are in year 12 there?" He replied.

"Yeah! I remember seeing you around! You sing and stuff right?" Ruby remembered that he used to perform around the school all the time. 

"Yep thats me, Im actually in a band now with a few mates. You should check us out" He winked at her cheekily "Whats your number? We should catch up sometime".

"Luke! I just met you, you could be a serial killer for all I know" She giggled because he clearly looked like the opposite of a serial killer.

"I probably would have killed you already if I was, and I know you like Ninja Turtles so you can't be too bad" He laughed as he handed Ruby his phone so that she could type her number in. She handed it back to him giggling as he read that she had saved her name as "Spongebob ;)".

"Nice meeting you Ruby" Luke said as he walked through the front door.

"Speak soon".