Chapter 2

"Ruby? Ruby, Are you home?" The familar voice of Ruby's Mum echoed throughout the house. 

"Mum, a box of cookbooks came for you today" Ruby informed her mother as she ran down the staircase.

"Oh lovely! did you meet my friend Liz?" 

"Her son actually, Luke"

"He's a lovely boy, isn't he?"

"Yeah, I guess. Kind of embarrassing I was wearing Spongebob boxers and my Ninja Turtles tee" Ruby confessed, knowing her mother hated when she wore 'boys clothes'.

"Ruby! How are you ever going to get a nice boy wearing PJ's like that! What about that pretty night gown I bought you, I haven't seen you wear it once!" She raised her voice.

"Mum, I must be doing something right since he asked for my number!"

"Oh he did! Are you going to go on a date? Ask him over for tea!" Now she was excited.

*beep beep*

Ruby checked her phone only to find a new text message.

Luke - How's Squidward? hahah ;)

Ruby - I really hope that wasn't you trying to be funny!

Luke - It seemed funnier in my head! But Ignore that, Mum said I should invite you over for dinner because you seem like a 'nice girl' pffft. Are you interested? ;)

Ruby - Funny, my Mum wanted me to ask you the same thing :)

Luke - Well which do we choose? :P

Ruby - I say we ditch both and you take me some place cool, since you can drive and I can't ;)

Luke - That actually sounds good, abit too soon to meet the parents anyway ;)

Ruby - You are so lame! Pick me up at 8 tonight! xx

Luke - See you then xxx

"Ruby! Who are you texting, why are you ignoring me?" Ruby stopped giggling at her phone screen and looked up at her curious mother. "I am going out tonight, Lukes picking me up".

Her mum smiled "Wear something pretty and pink!".

"Ughhhhhh".