Leorio Tries To Be Empathetic

It's been four years since either Leorio or Kurapika had met with Killua in person. Sure, they had the occasional text and call or two. But the more the years came by, the more distant Killua became.

Then they the text had came.

He's back.

Killua didn't provide any further explanation, so Leorio could only grip his phone tightly. There was only one person that could be back that didn't require to be provided further information, and that was the friend Killua had anguished over for so long.

"Kurapika!" Leorio yelled into the bathroom, where the water from the sink could be heard running. "Killua just texted us. He said he found...him."

Abruptly, the sound of the water ceased. The shoulder-haired blond opened the bathroom door, still in his pajamas with a toothbrush held frozen to his mouth. His usually tired grey eyes widened in disbelief, shock, and concern all that once.

"I don't think he's OK," Leorio confessed, swinging his long legs down from the cushion he had been putting them on so that he sat properly on the couch, entirely facing his blond boyfriend. "Seeing him like that...I don't know what Killua could possibly be going through now."

Kurapika scowled. He briefly gargled his mouth then wiped them badassly on his sleeve. "Just book the plane tickets already, Jesus." Then he promptly shut the bathroom door.

Leorio grinned in success, getting up to go over to get his laptop. But before he took even one step, the bathroom door opened again, a pair sharp grey eyes boring into him.

"I already had my mind made up, if you were thinking that you had me convinced." Kurapika smirked wickedly. "Your convincing skills are as epic as ever."

Sputtering, Leorio tried to think of a comeback, but the door was already slammed into his face. He was pretty sure Kurapika was silently chuckling to himself at his fruitless attempt.