The Face Off..!!

Sakura's POV 

*P L A Y S O N G* (At the side; its on the top on mobile)

Every time I gaze at them, guilt concures me. If I have not asked him to bring Sasuke back, none of this would have happen. He would have stopped seeking him. And now look where this got us, Sasuke and Naruto would fight anytime soon. 

"Sakura, we need to back off." Kakashi-sensei orders, and I gasp. To think that he would agree with this, does that also mean that he's assured the someone will win? But who? I don't want to lose both of them now. Especially if they get killed in the arms of one another. 

My hands were paralyzed and I don't even know why I can't move them. My body was numb, and I could not even tilt my head in the direction I want it to be. "Kakashi-sensei, you.. you agree? Don't let them fight! Stop them!" all I could do was shout. Then so funny, I found myself tearing up and my tears were streaming down my cheeks. My head was filling thoughts about Naruto and Sasuke. . . what if one of them dies? But what if BOTH of them dies?

"Sakura, faith and destiny is here. Naruto and Sasuke are destined to fight on some point of them, and life has lead them here. Just. . . trust. Trust them. They'll get the job done. And if I'm right, they won't be dead, particullarly for you. Because they don't want you to be alone."

I gulped and looked at both of my teammates, they were looking fiercely at each other. I clenched my fists tightly and the thought that I can't do anything about this, AGAIN, has striken me. I'm useless. Helpless. Powerless. Weak.

I'm Sakura Haruno, don't expect anything from me. Because I can't promise anything.

~~~

Naruto's POV

"Naruto, do you remember our fight when we were twelve at Konohagakure? You used the Nine-Tails Chakra back then, am I right?" Sasuke asks. Right. It's where the First Hokage and Madara Uchiha's statue was located. 

"Of course; this reminds me of the old times. We're going to fight once again." I say casually, reminiscing our fight two and a half years ago. 

"Speaking of old times, you're going to lose. . . again." Sasuke threathened me and I just smirked. He hissed through clenched teeth as he activated his Sharingan. 

It's now, or never.

This is a do-or-die competition. 

But tell me, how can I kill my teammate, specifically. . . my friend?

At the corner of my eye, I saw Sakura-chan's expression and I hesitate. She was begging me to stop. She didn't want me and Sasuke to fight. She was crying and Kakashi-sensei was trying his best to reason with her. I felt a hint of guilt overrule me. How can I leave my teammate crying like that? 

I'm sorry, Sakura-chan. But I have to do this. 

I faced Sasuke, but before that, I mouthed to Sakura the words, 'I'm sorry'. I'm not sure if she would understand why I need to do this, but I must stay vulnerable to defeat Sasuke and close his case at Konoha, there is nothing I'd like more but peace. Yes, I would like a world with Konoha, Sakura-chan, Kakashi-sensei, my friends, and. . . Sasuke. But if I don't defeat him, this might just lead to war due to the fights that may disrupt the entire shinobi world. I never knew I could make a decision as worse as this one.

I got into my fighting stance and looked through deep inside me. Then a deep voice has echoed inside of me and and grasp my sanity. The Nine-Tails Kyuubi.

'Kid, release me and you'll defeat the bastard in front of you.'

A little amount of his chakra has leaked below the gates and the seal was breaking a little. To my dismay, I'm sure he's optioning me to take off that seal so that I could regain HIS power, but nevertheless, I'm sure he'll be getting out of me once I do that.

The little amount of chakra was fine; it will even help me to defeat Sasuke at a time like this. But him going out of me and deactivating the seal? No way.

I came back to reality and saw Sasuke looking impatient and taking out his katana. I sighed. "You're excited, aren't you?"

He chuckled intimately, "More like thrilled."

"Likewise." I say, and slowly walked towards him. Once I see an opening, I charged right at him with chakra on my hands to increase the strength of my fists. He only dodge my hits, for sure, it was the Sharingan's doing. 

"STAY STILL DAMN IT!" I was annoyed that those words had accidentally slipped through my lips. He smirked at my remark. 

"I'm not dumb to do that."

Then I balled my hands into fists. "Yeah, but I'm certain, that you, Sasuke Uchiha, was dumb enough to leave for power. You have left everything and that was your biggest mistake."

His smirk disappeared and I cringed. 

We fought, everytime I took a hit, he dodges it. And everytime he does, I block it. But there was one thing I knew. This was the ultimate face off that me and Sasuke could ever have. We're rivals, or what you call enemies, but deep inside me, he's still my friend and nothing would change that fact. 

~~~~~~

A/N

Sorry for the late update :< I was very busy and stuff. Only a few more chapters and this is done. See ya in the next update! Buh-bye! <":