Chapter Four

Tiziri watches the sunrise as she sits in the chair in the living room, a cup of coffee on her knee. She hears the servants moving around.

"Lady Saffah?"

"Yes Doe?"

"Your clothes are ready for you. Do you want to eat first?"

"Yes please."

Doe is about to bring the food over and Tiziri shakes her head.

"No, no. I can come to the food. The day I start allowing you all to bring food to my lap is the day you are allowed to throw me off the falls."

The servants chuckle as she smiles, standing to walk over to the food. She sits, taking the bowl of oatmeal and adds what she desires to it.

"What is on my agenda today?"

"There is a meeting with the council today. Queen mother asked if you would like her to attend for you."

"What is on that meeting's agenda?"

There is a pause of silence before Neji speaks.

"Talks about the Jabari, the academy, and a project Shuri has been working on."

"I will attend. Tell Queen Mother to get some rest."

Neji nods and quickly sends a message to the Queen Mother's assistant.

"Next?"

"Meeting with the instructors from the War Dog program."

"What time is that?"

"12:30."

She nods as she eats her oatmeal slowly. A knock makes her look up along with the servants.

"Let them in."

Tiziri watches as Ramonda enters the room.

"Queen Mother."

"I told you to stop calling me that Tiziri. You are the next queen."

"But I'm not there yet so I shall call you Queen Mother."

"Stubborn woman aren't you?"

"It has kept me alive all these years. I'll stay stubborn."

Ramonda chuckles as she sits across from her. Doe pours her some tea as Tiziri eats her oatmeal.

"I assume you're looking over your schedule?"

"Yes."

Ramonda studies Tiziri who wipes her mouth as she puts her spoon down, leaning back on the couch, one arm on the back of it. Her robe falls effortlessly over her, black eyes watching Ramonda.

"I know you didn't come to stare Queen Mother. What's wrong?"

"T'Challa disclosed he was worried about you."

"The man is always worried about me. I could be next to him and he would worry."

"He's concerned about your mental state."

"Everyone has been concerned since I was 10. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

Tiziri stares at her before sipping her coffee.

"If you and T'Challa want me to see a therapist there is no need. I already see one."

"You do?"

"Yes. One doesn't have my life and think they can be a good wife without therapy."

Tiziri puts her mug down as she picks up the bowl of fruit and begins to eat it, her eyes calm as she eats.

"Your calmness...it disturbs me."