Chapter Six

Flashback: 8 years ago

Location: Wakanda

Tiziri sits in the catacombs, indulging in the darkness and silence of the tombs. Her head rests against the wall and she hears nothing. It's hard to find that in Wakanda at times. Just silence.

"Like your old man, sitting among the dead."

Tiziri opens her eyes to see her father sitting across from her. Lucifer has rich brown skin and gold eyes. He's tall, about 6'7", with a bald head. He's in a black suit with a matching tie.

"Hello father."

"Hiding again?"

"If that's what we want to call it: yes."

He chuckles.

"What happened this time?"

"The king asked me to go to America to spy on his nephew."

"Asked or commanded?"

"Does it make a difference to a king?"

"I guess not," he says with a smile. "Have you've been practicing your powers?"

"Yes. At night. Here in the catacombs."

Lucifer nods before looking at her.

"You have questions?"

"No."

"You're lying."

"I learned it from my father."

Lucifer chuckles.

"But what do you want to know?"

"How did you meet my mother? Why did you leave? Why didn't you come get me?"

Lucifer sighs as he looks at Tiziri with softness in his eyes.

"I met your mother maybe two years before your birth at a festival. She was beautiful. I have never seen a woman as beautiful as her in all my years alive."

Tiziri looks at her father.

"She was wearing a red and gold dress with matching sandals and a black shawl. She was alone which surprised me. A woman that beautiful shouldn't be alone."

Tiziri listens to her father's deep voice.

"I approached her, for once nervous. Can you imagine? The king of hell nervous?"

Tiziri giggles as Lucifer smiles.

"I introduced myself and asked if she would mind if I accompanied her for the night and she told me I may if beat her at that damn game where you try to hit a moving target. She beat me."

"Did you let her win?"

"No. She genuinely beat me."

She chuckles as lucifer smiles.

"From then on I began to spend every chance I could with her. When she was pregnant with you, I revealed my true identity to her. She sent me away. Told me to never come back. Of course I didn't listen and came back up until she gave birth. At that point, she had told me that I wasn't welcomed. That I got to see you and to go away and leave her to raise you. I objected but if there was one thing about your mother it was that I would always obey her."

Tiziri looks at Lucifer who has a reminiscing look in his eyes.

"When she died, I wanted to take you but I knew...if I took you her family would look for you."

"They didn't like me."

"I know. I sent some of my minions to look after you to make sure you were okay. Remember shopkeeper Omi?"