Chapter Twenty-One

Tiziri should've listened and stayed in bed with her sick husband. The man had been coming down with a cold and everyone thought that he would fight it off having the heart-shaped herb and all but that wasn't the case. T'Challa was sick as a dog and had reverted slightly into a needy sick mess, not that Tiziri minds. He would curl close to her, head on her chest, arms around her as he rests. A council meeting came up and T'Challa told her to stay but she said no, saying she would go in his place.

Now she wishes she had stayed in bed.

"Nakia—"

"I don't listen to her. She isn't my king."

Tiziri ignores Nakia as she looks at the council.

"I will talk to Prince N'Jadaka and ask if he would be willing to help. He has a...liking to me and would probably agree."

"Cause he thinks he'll get to fuck You."

The council falls silent and the river elder glares at Nakia. Tiziri stands, walking over to Nakia and stands before her. The council gasps as Tiziri grabs Nakia by the throat, pulling her to her feet.

Her eyes are gold and stares into Nakia's brown ones. She struggles before the grip tightens and she makes a choking noise. Tiziri says nothing before dropping her.

"Meeting dismissed."

Her robe follows behind her as she leaves, Okoye and Ayo following close behind. She enters the quarters and walks to the bedroom. T'Challa looks up, spoon halfway to his mouth. She gives a small smile as she sits on the edge of the bed near him.

"I'm going to talk to N'Jadaka about the outreach centres."

"Okay. Did something happen?"

"No. Not at all."

She presses a kiss to his forehead and he smiles, grabbing her hand.

"Please...no killing."

"Me? Kill?"

"Tiziri..."

She laughs before pressing a quick peck to T'Challa's lips and leaves, T'Challa smiling as he returns to his soup.

♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾

N'Jadaka growls as the sunlight hits him. He angrily looks up, ready to curse whoever did that but stops at seeing Tiziri. He is on his feet in an instant, eyes wide.

"Tiz..."

"Nigga put some pants on."

He looks down and then at her.

"Why? You've seen it before."

"N'Jadaka."

"Fine. Fine."

He grabs his pyjama pants and put them on before spreading his arms in a "tada" gesture.

"Don't get smart."

"I always am."

"Sure you are."

He pouts before walking close and she holds her arm out, hand on his chest, keeping him at arm's length.

"Go brush your teeth."

He disappears into the bathroom as Tiziri looks around the room. It's simple with a colour scheme of gold, black, and grey. N'Jadaka returns and moves back near her, hugging her.

"Can I get a kiss?"

"No."

"Tiziri," he whines. "I've missed you!"