"The equivalent of volleyball"

"Kageyama, which do you like more, Hinata, or volleyball?"

It was after practice as the team were putting the balls away and mopping the floor . In the locker room, as they changed, Yamaguchi had innocently sprung the question. It was right at the moment too, when Hinata, complaining about having to hold it all through practice had rushed to the bathroom. Tanaka and Nishinoya perked up, ever interested in their junior's lives, especially their love lives. The third years looked back curious as well as Tsukishima just pretended to remain uninterested.

"huh..? what's that mean?" Kageyama asked a little confused, perplexed by the collective gaze.

"I mean.. if you had to choose, between hinata and volleyball, what would you choose?" Yamaguchi asked, not meaning  any harm, it was a light hearted question.

"neither" Kageyama answered simply "I mean they're both the same thing, there's nothing to choose"

Sugawara blinked , as did everyone confused. "er...how, are they.. the same thing?" Sugawara asked raising an eyebrow.

Kageyama took a deep breath. "Hinata... for me, is the equivalent of volleyball. When I think about him, I think about volleyball with him, and how fun it is... when I think about volleyball, the image of him spiking in my set up come's to my head, the fact that he's my partner.... even if his game is clumsy, amateur-ish, sometimes sucky, he's still a partner that fits me the best" he finished, his face still an unreadable poker face.

Everyone stared in awe at the black haired male, they were, for the first time met with the intensity of kageyama's passion, not for volleyball alone, but for his partners and his game.

"look , the king actually has feelings" tsukishima muttered as nishinoya and tanaka stared up at him from below with their gangster faces "oi oi oi, megane-kun, don't ruin the vibes bruh!"

Behind the door the short orange haired male clutched his shirt near his chest the widest grin on his face.

Owari~

"clumsy , amateur-ish, sucky am I?"

Hinata raised an eyebrow , during the midpractice break at the setter who chocked on his drink.

"you h-hear-"

"Bake-yama" He said looking away, smiling to himself.

A/N - fanart doesn't belong to me ^^ credits to the artist