[Chapter 6] Being a human is hard

(fake name)Yoru Hajime = y/n

It's early in the morning, and I'm currently making my way to school for my first day, and I must say these uniforms do not feel good, but unfortunately, they are mandatory.

I'm nearing the school gate, and I already see other students arriving, and of course, most of them are looking at me with curiosity since I'm an unfamiliar face and I don't blame them it's just not a great thing to feel all these gazes on me early in the morning. As I'm walking through the schoolyard, I hear a couple of whispers, but choose to ignore them and enter the school heading to Sona and ask her where my first class is.

After a couple of minutes, I reach the student-council office and hear a couple of people talk inside, but before I get a chance to listen to what they are talking about the door opens and reveals the red-haired girl that is friends with my master. She looks at me, and I give her a quick bow she was about to say something, but Sona beat her to it.

Sona: "Oh, good morning, Yoru, what are you doing here?" She asked, looking at me and then the red-haired girl, and in response, she walks away.

Yoru: "I came here to ask where my first class was since I don't know where all my classes are just yet." I said, letting out an awkward laugh.

Sona: "I understand, and it's normal for you not to know where your classes are. I'll show you where it is." She said, walking out the room and looking back, giving me the sign to follow her.

While we were walking to my class, I saw here looking at me a couple of times with a confused look, and it made me feel really awkward, so I had to ask.

Yoru: "Sona Is there something you want to ask?" I said, and she stopped walking and stood right in front of me.

Sona: "Yes, I do. How did you get a uniform already? I didn't give you one yesterday so how come you are wearing one right now?" She asked with a kind of suspicious look.

"Well, crap." I thought, how am I going to explain this.

Yoru: "Well, after I left for the restroom yesterday I also went to the principals' office asking for a uniform and surprisingly he had a couple of them laying around, and one of the spares was luckily my size." I improvised hoping she would believe that.

She looked at me for a moment and turned around, continuing our walk.

Sona: "Well, alright then." She said, but she didn't sound that convinced.

After a couple of minutes filled with awkward silence, we arrived at my classroom.

Sona: "Here is your first class. The teacher should already know about your arrival, but I'll inform her just in case." She said and walked into the classroom, leaving me alone in the hallway waiting.

After a couple of seconds, she came back out of the classroom and wished me good luck on my first day.

??: "Alright, you can come in now!" I heard from inside the classroom, and I presumed it was directed at me, so I opened the door and walked in with every student staring at me.

As I stood in front of the class, I got a little nervous seeing all their judgmental eyes staring at me.

??: "Alright, I'm your homeroom teacher, and this is your new class. Care to introduce yourself?" She said, looking at me in which I gave her a slight nod turning back to the class, and that is when I saw my master, and I instantly kept my focus in her direction.

Yoru: "Hi, my name is Yoru Hajime, I'm 16 years old, and I enjoy reading, listening to music and hand to hand combat. I've been homeschooled for most of my life so I hope we can get along!" I said, hoping to make a good impression, and I think I did since no one laughed or looked weird at me.