• Fourteen •

After Jungkook and Jimin left, you were standing hidden behind the door, trying to listen in on the conversation

After Jungkook and Jimin left, you were standing hidden behind the door, trying to listen in on the conversation. The door was closed, but you could hear them clearly what was going on on the other side between Jimin and Jungkook.

"What is the problem now, Jimin?"

"Are you and Y/n dating?"

"Yes, we might be. I haven't asked her yet."

"Do you have feelings for her?"

"What is with all the questions?"

"Just answer the damn question!"

"Yes! I slightly like her. So?"

"You literally broke up with your girlfriend 3 months ago!"

"She cheated on me, Jimin! Was I supposed to stay with her?!"

"Y/n is a suspect!"

"No! She isn't a suspect anymore!"

"Yes, she is! The doctor found her fingerprints on the girl's wrist!"

Your eyes widened, your hand covering your mouth. You quickly made your way quietly to your room, running your hands through your hair.

You thought about how exactly your fingerprints had reached her wrist even. You sighed, humping slightly when you heard Jungkook slam the door shut behind you.

"Ah, sorry. I didn't know you were in here."

"Did you know?" You asked, tears showing in your eyes as you looked back at him, turning to face him. He sighed, staring at you in sadness.

"I-I didn't, Y/n. If I knew I would've told you."

"W-What now? I swear I didn't kill her! I probably touched her when I was looking for my USB!" You exclaimed in worry, your voice shaky.

You were scared, sobs starting to come out of you since you didn't want to go to jail. "It was not me! I didn't kill her!" You whimpered, Jungkook's arms wrapping around you.

He caressed your back and shushed you, holding you tight and close to his chest. You kept sobbing quietly into his chest, gripping his shirt into your small hands.

"I know, Y/n. I know it's not you. I promise I'll get you out of this."

You looked up at him, sniffing softly. "Would you really?" You whispered. His eyes stared right into yours with a hint of pity that you hated but loved at the same time.

"I promise you, and it's not a lie."

You closed your eyes when he leaned down and kissed you, his lips softly moving against yours. He wanted to take your mind off of it, succeeding with it. You moved your hands to his cheeks, caressing them softly.

He slowly pulled away after that, sighing quietly. You didn't know what to say so you stayed quiet like him, holding each other close while listening to your slightly ragged breaths. "How will you get me out of this?" You whispered.

"There is a chance I can prove that those fingerprints got there after the murder."

You nodded, pulling away when Jimin opened the door. He sighed and turned to Jungkook, "Y/n has to be in court tomorrow. So that the judge can say if she is innocent or not with all the traces we've found." He said.

"Shit, you're right. I forgot to tell you."

You turned to Jungkook, "Oh, even better! I'm one step closer to jail." You exclaimed, throwing your hands in the air while turning away from the two. "Well, we have a lot of stuff that can prove you innocent. We just need to play the cards right." Jimin explained.

||

"Session Number 1. Suspect Y/n L/n in the murderer of Kim Sungji."

"Do you promise to say the truth and only the truth while this court is on?" The officer asked you. You nodded your head, "Yes, I promise and swear to say the truth and only the truth." You replied.

You watched the officer walk away, soon watching Jimin stand up. You sat on one side of the room, Jungkook by your side as your protector as there were two females in front of you as the prosecutors.

"There seems to be that the victim was found dead 3 days after Miss Y/n had gotten the room and stayed there for 2 nights." One of the females said.

"Yes, it is true. But an autopsy on the body showed that the murder happened long before Miss Y/n had gotten a room in the hotel." Jimin said, handing a few files to the judge. "Those files have pictures and information on the case. The pictures belong to Kim Sungji, before and after the murder."

Jungkook then stood up, taking a small remote and turning the TV beside you on. "As you can see here, the number of bruises and wounds on the victim has shown that Y/n is not the killer since these types of wounds require a lot of strength and skill to be executed."

"And what about the fingerprints on the victim's wrist?"