The Start of my new Beginning

Black paled to grey paled to white and suddenly I could see.

Disorientated, I felt more than saw the presence of someone standing above me.

Blink.
Blink.
Blink.

My vision began to unhaze itself and the looming figure took the form of my aunt Sarah. A concerned expression blossomed across her face, her eyes scrunched and eyebrows drawn together into an almost comical triangle. I stifled a giggle.

"You know, I knew you'd be surprised but I didn't realise you'd fucking faint, you idiot!"

Sarah reached a hand down, which I grabbed onto and hauled myself off the floor. I winced as I felt a twinge in my neck from the fall. Luckily, I'd been sitting on the sofa when I'd blacked out, so there wasn't too much damage apart from my bruised ego.

"It was a lot to process. I guess my brain couldn't handle it" I muttered, slightly grumpily in embarrassment.
Sarah let out a nervous laugh before approaching the question I knew she was dying to ask.

"So, what did it say?"

I breathed in deep, as though the oxygen in the air would give me the strength to unveil what I'd been told not five minutes ago. To be honest, there wasn't much to tell.

"Well, I know I have a gift. And the man on the video knew my parents. He said he could help me. He said there were others like me. He also said not to blame you for telling me nothing as you didn't know much."

"It's the truth. All I was told, all I've ever been told, is that I needed to keep you safe, hidden, from the people trying to find you. I didn't know who they were. I guess we do now. Your parents told me that I should only stop running once you'd turned 20 and started portraying a 'gift'. They didn't tell me what. I guess they found us sooner than we thought. They also said to trust these people. I don't know anything else."

"It makes sense, sort of. But I need to know more, Sarah. I have to go see this 'Dr Jackson' at this Academy.
I need answers"

"And I'm sure you'll get them. We can go tomorrow. For now, rest up and for Gods sake don't pass out again I was worried!"

I grinned, and Sarah grinned back.

I guess I'd get some answers tomorrow and hopefully they'd be helpful.