Part 6 - A Proper Date

Harry's POV:
  I don't remember much other than Simon waking me up and telling me we should go somewhere better to sleep. We were cuddling in the guest room and judging by how my phone says it's nine AM we obviously fell asleep, but now he's gone again.
  "Simon, where'd you go?" I asked the empty bedroom.
  For fucks sake, he better just be having a piss or something. I can't stop loving him and now that I've been curled in his arms it's stronger than ever. My crush on him doesn't feel good a lot of the time; it feels more like your walking on glass and every little fuck up jabs another hole in your foot. I hear footsteps and burry myself under the blankets.

  "Good try. Heard you call out for me, though. I was in the bathroom and I was looking for something to help heal up your chest." Oh fuck, I took my shirt off and that means he saw where my other marks are.
  "They're fine. Like a week old now." I told him suddenly feeling embarrassed and ugly.
  "You've not been cleaning them. C'mon I just wanna help you." He pulled my shield away and I curled up to try and hide.
  "I'll do it. I don't want you to look at them." I'd been cutting and reopening these places since I was young. They were the ugliest part of me.
  "Hey, look at me, you're not the only one with scars." I peeked my head out and saw he had lifted his shirt to show that he'd cut the word fat into his skin and had marks all around it.
  "Simon, you're like the opposite of fat." I told him as he sighed.
  "Every anxiety attack all I think of myself as is a useless fat blob." He explained as I reached my arms up to hug him.
  "Alright, since your determined, I'll let you help clean these up." I knew there was no point in trying to argue him out of it.

  Simon's POV:
We walked to the bathroom as I kept my arms self-consciously crossed. I'd always covered up with makeup products around my friends so they wouldn't see them. The time and effort I'd put in to keeping this a secret and now I suddenly trust him enough to tell the truth. He looked at me nervously and leaned against the sink. I'd soaked a wash cloth in hydrogen peroxide and tried to gently dab it on his skin. He jerked and mumbled a cuss or two as I apologize.
  "So, you wanna know a secret?" I asked wanting to get his mind off his cuts.
  "Sure, unless it's bad news." I was applying the bandages at this point.
  "We're going to lunch and a movie." I told him as his eyes lit up.
  "Like a date?!" He asked excitedly.
  "Yep." I told him as i finished what I was doing and told him to go get ready.

  **After the Date***

  My phone rang a couple minutes after the movie ended. It was Vikk calling to check on us and I told him Harry wanted to go back and start cleaning out his room with my help. I'd offered to help as much as I could as long as he promised to try his best to get better. We talked about us during lunch trying to stay quiet incase anyone heard. I feel like he might just be my perfect match now. Haz loved the food and had kept his head on my shoulder for the whole movie. Harry was walking out of the theater bathroom as I hung up. I smiled and looked around to be sure we were alone before wrapping my arms around his waist.

  "Thank you. Even if this is just some kind of charity, I loved it." He told me as I searched for the right things to say.
  "This day was for me to be sure I had feelings for you and after everything I think my feelings for you may be stronger than I could have imagined. If you want to, I'd be honored to call you my boyfriend." I told him.
  "Really? Of course I do!" He smiled as I checked on more time to be sure no one was watching before leaning in and pressing my lips to his.
  I moved my hand to his cheek as he leaned into the kiss and we stayed like that for a moment before parting. If the Uber hadn't arrived, I probably would've kissed him again. Cleaning up his room and trying to help him through his problems wouldn't be easy and keeping this a secret would be damn near impossible, but I couldn't wait to start a new chapter of our lives together.