Chapter 42: Date

Jieun P.O.V.
I checked my makeup one last time before going out the door with a big smile on my face. I couldn't stop thinking about yesterday and everytime I think about it, I always smile. It was still an hour before work, but weirdly, I wanted to go to work with Song today. I leaned against the wall so that Yunhyeong wouldn't see me when he went out. I pulled out my compact powder and lip gloss and touched up on my makeup until I heard the door open. Quickly putting my lip gloss and compact powder back, I fixed my hair and walked out the same time someone did. Looking up, I saw Bobby instead. My smile faded a little. "Rose ah! You're early today. Doesn't your work start at 8am?" He asked. "Y-Yeah. I just decided to wake up early to take a walk today. Why are you out so early?" I changed the subject. "I had to take out the trash. Wait a minute, are you wearing makeup?" He leaned closer to me, taking a better look at look shimmering lips. "Aniya! I'll get going then. See you." I said bye to him and hopped on the elevator.

Bobby P.O.V.
"Hyung! Can you take the trash out?" The maknae asked me, as he played his game. "But it's Yunhyeong's turn!" I whined and got up, carrying the bag of trash outside. As I walked out of the apartment, I saw a shadow behind the wall, quickly putting something back into their bag as I came closer. Walking closer, Rose suddenly walked out. "Rose ah! You're early today. Doesn't your work start at 8am?" I asked. "Y-Yeah. I just decided to wake up early to take a walk today. Why are you out so early?" She asked. "I had to take out the trash. Wait a minute, are you wearing makeup?" I leaned closer to me, looking at her glittery lips and shiny eyes. "Aniya! I'll get going then. See you." She hastily said and left in the elevator. Throwing the trash in the large bin, I went back into the dorm. "What took you so long?" Chanwoo asked me. "I saw Rose acting weird outside our dorm today. It's an hour before her work starts yet she's already up. She also seemed like she was waiting for someone. OH! And she was wearing makeup!" I said. Suddenly, Chanwoo paused his game. "Hyung." He said. "Yesterday while you were gone..." He trailed off. "Yunhyeong kissed Rose." "MWO?! WHY ARE YOU ONLY TELLING ME THIS NOW?!" I exclaimed. "I forgot!" He said. "So she was waiting for Yunhyeong?" I said. "Who's waiting for me?" Yunhyeong came out of his room with messy hair. "Looks like someone's going to get into another relationship soon." Chan spun his chair back and continued with his game. "You should have taken the trash out today." I patted his shoulder and went into my room.

Rose P.O.V.
I held onto my bag strap as I walked along the pavement to the cafe, kicking small rocks along the way. Taking out some makeup wipes, I wiped away the lip gloss and extra makeup I put on today. "Pabo." I muttered, entering the cafe. "Annyeinghasaeyo." I said and walked straight into the staff room. Putting down my bag, I took off my coat and out on my apron. Taking one of the rags, I joined Lia, Soo Unnie, and Hana in wiping the tables and putting down the chairs to start work. "Yah. Waeguirae?" Lia nudged me. I stopped wiping and turned to her. "Lia. How do you know when you like someone?" I asked her. "Unnie...are you in love?!" She exclaimed. "Shhh!" I covered her mouth. "Heol." Hana and Soo said. "Who is it?!" They started approaching me. "Aniya! I mean...I don't know." I said and went behind the counter. "Oh come on." They said and stood on the other side of the counter. "Oh look! Customers!" I changed the topic and flipped the sign from 'Closed' to 'Open'. Customers started coming in and I took their orders while Hana made the orders, with Lia and Soo unnie serving the customers. I tried to avoid eye contact with them to avoid any more questioning. "Eososeyo~" My expression changed as the first customer came up.

*Lunch break*

I placed the sign saying 'Lunch' down in front of the cafe, and quickly went back in to wipe the tables. "Unnie! There's no escaping now." Lia and Hana pulled me towards a table and forced me to sit down. "Who's the guy?" Soo Unnie asked. "Yunhyeong..." I looked down and said softly. "Mwo?! You mean Yunhyeong from IKON?! I'm so jealous." Lia hit me and pouted. "What's going on between both of you?" Sooyoung unnie asked. "Well...Everytime he does something, I feel weird inside. And yesterday he- he kissed my cheek." I explained. "You totally like him!" Hana exclaimed. "Looks like you've never fell in love before eh?" Soo unnie said. "As your girlfriends, let us give you some tips on making him fall in love with you." Lia sat on the arm rest of my chair and placed her arm over my shoulder. "Step 1; Always try to get close to him. What ever you do, go closer to him." Lia said. "Step 2; Make eye contact whenever he is talking to you. Add in a cute expression as a bonus." Hana continued. "Step 3; Laugh at whatever joke he makes, even if it sucks. Heck, laugh at anything he says." Lia walked over and sat beside Soo unnie. "Step 4; After the date, make a move. Like inviting him for ramyeon or to watch TV." Hana said. "Step 5; Contact him right after the day of your date. Like a 'good morning' is enough." Lia said. "Aniya! He should be the one who contacts you first! That's how it should go." Hana argued. "Yah. It's the 21st generation, girls should approach the guy first." Lia argued back. "Ani! If he was a real man, he would text you back." Hana continued. Soo unnie then brought me over to another table, away from the aruguing couple. "Anyways, it doesn't matter who texts you, but if he replies or texts you, don't answer first. Wait at least 30 minutes." She said. "Now go take off the sign, it's 12 already." She instructed me, which I heeded.

*Time Skip*

After I finished taking the orders, my phone in my apron's pocket buzzed. Taking it out, I checked the message.

Yoyo: What time do you end work today?

Rose: 4.30. Wae?

Yoyo: Wanna explore Dongdaemun together?

Rose: Sure. What time?

Yoyo: I'll meet you at the train station at 5.30pm.

Rose: Geurae. See you later.

I prssed send and smiled, bring the phone close to my chest. "Waeguirae?" Hana asked, pouring cream into the coffee. "Nothing. I'll help you." I said and went over to help Hana finish the orders. "Annyeong!" I waved goodbye to them and walked home quickly. As soon as I reached home, I ran towards my closet and looked through my clothes. "Aish these are too plain!" I complained, looking at all the shirts and jeans I have. I immediately opened my bottom drawer, taking out the unopened outfit. I wasn't a really big fan of skirts so I had kept this outfit in my drawer ever since I moved in. After changing, I put on the beret and sat down in front of my mirror, doing some natural yet pretty makeup and curling my hair.

 After changing, I put on the beret and sat down in front of my mirror, doing some natural yet pretty makeup and curling my hair

(The outfit worn)

Checking my lipstick one last time, I grabbed my purse and wore some cute sandals, leaving the house after.

AND IM DONE!! Thank yall for reading this chapter, I'm currently writing the next chapter at 12 in the morning hehe. Have a great day guys!