Element

Ever since I was born I have had a little mark on my wrist. Ok, fine,everyone has different marks on their wrist and they all mean or lead to a soul mate. So if someone has the same mark as you, they are your fate and life partner. I haven't found mine yet which isn't a good thing as most normal people find their soul mate before the age of 15 but I haven't met mine. (These marks are called elements.)My parents have always taken the Micky about it but I feel it is actually quite serious. My parents found each other when they were just 10 which in your world isn't old at all. In my world this is totally normal and quite common.

This is my third year at Harvard university studying science. I have never made many friends. Apart from maybe one that I left behind in Norway. Everyday we email each other about new facts we have learnt or a book review about a how bad or good the book is. I wish I could see her more often but I just feel once I go back to Norway I will never want to leave again so I want to experience the rest of the world whilst also maybe hunting for my lost soulmate. My friend from Norway has found hers and he is so lovely to her that I almost feel jealous. The last time I heard from my friend was 1.5295049 seconds ago.
***two weeks later***
It's my birthday today and I have officially turned 18 and I feel like  there is so much I can do. I am free. But also sad my parents are so busy that they haven't even sent me a card or called me. They know it's my birthday right?My dads ex got me a wildlife poster to put up in my room but I swear it's for 4+ upwards. I don't think she knows how old I am any more which is quite funny but at least she remembered. I guess once I am out of sight I am out of my parents minds.
***two days later***
My best friend Called Ella, from Norway visited today and she remembered my birthday. There is so much I have to show her before she goes home next week. This is the first time she has ever traveled out of Norway so it's a great experience for her. I showed her the pangolin and the star nosed moles. She adored them so much it was the best I could do to drag her away to show her some awesome sights.
***a week later***
My friend sadly leaves today and she has really enjoyed her visit to Harvard. I hope she has a safe trip home.
***two days later***
***Monday***
Today is my first day back at university after the summer holiday and I can't wait to get some new homework tasks. I think I have triple science,History,Geography and drama as my lessons today. Aaaand maths the worst sort subject in the world!!Possibly.
***at school***
I am on my third lesson at school and I am studying biology. Biology isn't my strongest subject in the science area but we are learning about how stem cells might be able to cure diseases that are incurable at the moment. I have always wanted to find a cure for the Jakob disease as my older brother is suffering from it and nobody has found a cure ((((yet!!)))). I want to be the one to find that cure.
***lunch***
I have just got my lunch from the canteen and I noticed a boy about the same age as me staring at me. I just smiled and walked off as I found it kind of creepy.
I feel it is nothing significant and I hope my mind soon slips off it onto another subject soon.
***back at my dad exs***
I just got a call from my friend to say that she landed safely back in Norway. I really miss having her around to comfort me. But we have made a day in the half term for her to come back.