Chapter 29

*if you go back to chapter 28 you'll find I changed a few details around and you may end that to understand the hallucinations**

Victoria POV:

I stumbled up to the front door of my house, I shouldn't be off balance yet. I'd been bit by a werewolf once before and the side effects didn't kick in until nearly 12 hours later, it had only been 30 minutes since my ordeal with Tyler Lockwood. I pushed open the door and stepped into the foyer, the sight caused me to drop the blood-bag I had in my hand. "Leigh, how'd you get out?" I questioned my sister, glancing briefly at the now stained stone floor. I would need a carpet to hide that.

"Katerina released me right before she left." Leigh explained, eyeing me suspiciously. I could understand why she was acting this way considering I had basically drugged her and locked her in a dungeon. "You locked me in a dungeon cell! Why did you do that? I could have helped you, I was helping you!"

I licked my top lip, already feeling thirsty again. "I couldn't risk it, Leigh. You may be my sister but I'm still not sure I can trust you, the last time I did you snapped my neck and disappeared for a century. I understand you may think what I did was wrong, but if was looking out for myself and for my friends."

"We're family, Victoria. You saved my life when I called even though I know you resented me." Leigh argued, taking a couple steps forward to which I stepped back. If my symptoms were already starting then my strength would slowly diminish and I would be left defenseless against Leigh, she would be stronger. "I owe you my life and I understand we have had our differences, but if we are to trust each other then we need to stop going behind each other's backs. I haven't once betrayed you since I came here, you need to stop betraying me!"

I looked up at my sister and was immediately drawn to the wound on her right arm in the exact place mine was. "What is that?" I queried, risking forward to grab her arm in my hands. She tried to pull it away, but I didn't allow it. "This is a werewolf bite, how did you get this?"

Leigh remained silent as I studied the festering wound, even holding mine up next to it. They were in exactly the same place, identical bites. The only way this could ever have happened was if we were linked together as I doubt Tyler Lockwood had the intellect to do something like this. "You linked us together!" I shouted as I released her arm, but her freedom didn't last as I grabbed her throat. "So you have betrayed me then?"

"I didn't think you'd go out and get yourself bit by a werewolf!" Leigh defended, pressing one of her fingers on my werewolf bite which forced me to release her with a yelp of pain. "Honestly, Victoria, I thought you were smarter than that. The only good news is that just one of us needs to get Niklaus' blood to heal both of us."

I snorted, she must have been out of her mind. "I'm not asking for his blood, I don't ask for anything." It would be seen as a weakness if I were to go and ask Niklaus for his blood in order for me to continue living, if I learned anything in my lifetime it was that weakness would not be tolerated. "The only regret I will have is not killing Tyler Lockwood when I got the chance."

"What about Elijah?" I tensed at the name as I realized she had found the one loophole in my resolve, all she had to do with play it correctly and I would be begging on my knees to live. "Isn't the entire reason you came back here to get those coffins from Niklaus and wake them again? If you die and Niklaus fails against Mikael then who knows how long they'll be trapped in suspended animation."

I bit down on my lower lip and glanced at my werewolf bite which had grown a great amount since I was bit by Tyler Lockwood. "Alright, but I am not going to ask Niklaus for anything." I negotiated with my sister, slightly shocked she wasn't trying to kill me yet. We were linked though so I suppose that's good enough reason not to do so. "You will go and I will stay here in my house trying not to kill anyone."