Epilogue

“It’s beautiful” said Celestia, admiring the lightshow outside the castle window.
Twilight lowered her head. “I wish it had been me who had ultimately made it so. But it wasn’t.”
Noticing her disappointment, Celestia walked towards Twilight. “Twilight, as I understand it, Spike brought Princess Cadence the Crystal Heart because you weren’t sure how quickly you could find a way to escape the tower” she said, glancing up at the nearest stained-glass window. It had been made that morning in honor of Spike and Cadence saving the Crystal Empire.
Celestia leaned closer. “You weren’t willing to risk the future of the citizens of the Crystal Empire in an effort to guarantee your own”
Looking up at the window again, Celestia continued. “Far better that I have a student that understands the meaning of self-sacrifice than one who only looks out for her own best interests."
Twilight looked to the side before looking back at Celestia with anticipation. “Does this mean…?”
Smiling with pride, Celestia said “Yes, Twilight. You’ve passed.”

Twilight simply looked up at Celestia and beamed before leaving, lightly giggling. Luna passed Twilight and gave a strange look behind her back.
Approaching Celestia, Luna spoke “You were right after all, then.” Celestia gave a happy sigh and leisurely walked towards a bookshelf.
“But Celestia, is this really her destiny?”
Celestia simply tugged on a single book on the shelf, revealing a small chest. She then pointed her horn at the lock as it glowed a pale yellow and disappeared. Lifting the lid, Celestia gently lifted a crown out of the box.

The small magenta gems caught the sunlight at just the right angle, reflecting 5 pink flecks of light onto the ceiling.
Admiring the crown, Celestia finally spoke. “It is now, Luna.”