Ben's Back

A/n dedicated to @pro_benaddict who sent me a very nice message about this book so thank you so much! Check out their fanfic, 'Dr. Cumberbatch' I recommend it!

It is early on Saturday morning, the sun has risen and the birds are cheeping in the trees. Tom awakes suddenly to the sound of the front door being opened; Benedict didn’t come home last night which worried him stupid. The sound of the door being gently shut followed by the patter of footsteps makes Tom jump out of bed and rush towards the sound to see a tired Benedict wearing the same clothes as yesterday. His blue shirt loosely hangs around his Pink Floyd t-shirt over a pair of raggedy jeans. He has already slipped off his sneakers and looks up to see a fuming Tom, standing in his underwear. “Where have you been?” Tom growls, “I have been so worried!”

“I was at Eve’s place helping her put up some shelves and we drank a bit so I couldn’t drive home. I am sorry love.” Benedict explains, with the sincerity seeping in his voice.

“Then why didn’t you answer your phone or call me?!”

“My phone died and I asked Eve to text you, did she not?” Ben questions and Tom shakes his head. “I am so sorry; you must have been worried…” He mumbles before embracing his boyfriend into a tight hug which could have stopped blood from flowing. “I promise that it will never happen a-” He pauses as he notices a battered figure on the couch in the corner. “What is that doing on our couch?” He asks as he pulls away from the hug.

That is a friend, our neighbour.” Tom persuades.

“Okay…why is he so beaten? You didn’t beat him up did you?!” Ben exclaims quietly so he doesn’t wake the sleeping figure who is in a deep slumber.

“No! Of course not!” He cries, “He had a few problems and I let him kip on the sofa that is all.”

“That’s cool. I hope I don’t have competition.” Ben jokes with a wink.

“Nah he is not my type…” Tom replies casually.

“What is your type?”

“You.” He whispers and bites his lip.

“That is so cheesy!” Benedict exclaims, causing Nathan to awake suddenly. The American mutters something which the pair are not able to hear but they imagine that it is something slightly rude using many expletives. “Oh by the way, we have been invited to Eve’s birthday party that is in a week. I said we could go.”

“Ooh party!” Nathan exclaims, getting into a sitting position. “I want in!”

“Fine.” The pair states in unison rolling their eyes. 

A/n sorry it is so short!