" Um, What? "

When I was about 12, I spent the night at my cousins’ house. He shared a room with his older brother, who was spending the night somewhere else, so we both slept in the same room in different beds.

Between the beds was an extra large fish tank. He had a window near the head of his bed, and I had a window at the foot of my bed on an adjacent wall.

The closet door and entry door were on the same wall (entry on the left, closet on the right), and there was a chest of drawers to the right of the closet door.

Things get weird.

I wake up in the middle of the night, startled, and set straight up in bed. Immediately I was confused about where I was because my sleepy brain couldn’t process what my eyes were seeing.

The chest of drawers was now at the foot of my bed, the closet door was between our beds on the opposite wall, both windows were on the same wall as his bed, and the fish tank was blocking the entry door to the room. (my arm hair is standing up as I recall this).

After rubbing my eyes a few times, trying to figure it out, and nothing changing, I decided to go back to sleep.

Things get weirder.

I wake up the next morning and go to the kitchen to eat some cereal where my cousin is already seated in front of a bowl. We talk about what we are going to do that day, and then he suddenly goes “Dude, I had the weirdest dream last night.

I woke up and everything in the room was rearranged.” He then described everything exactly as I saw it. I didn’t know what to say or do, so I just cried.

–rockhownd