Reddit to Reality

“So to start things off, I love reading this reddit. It is one of my favorites. I’ve never experienced a glitch or anything before personally so I don’t know if what happened to me today was anything at all or I’m just losing it.

I’m a cashier, to help get through college and all that. Very boring job. But I usually work at the express (7 items or fewer) lane at my store. I work nights a lot too.

The other day around 7pm, it was kinda slow and I was only getting customers about once every ten minutes. A man about 40 and his two kids came through the line and bought frozen pizza, ice cream, beer and a few other household things.

I had a casual conversation, checked his ID for alcohol (it’s store policy to ID everyone) and he left. Another five or so minutes go by and I see the man coming in my line again.

I asked if he had forgotten something and he looked confused and said “What are you talking about?” I looked at his items and they were the exact same as before.

He was with the same two kids and everything. I just stood there confused and asked if he had just been in. He said no and I laughed uncomfortably and said it must have been someone who looked just like him but I know it was the same man as before.

I even had to check his ID again and it was the same man. It was crazy. I asked the girl next to me if she saw him twice and she said she wasn’t really paying attention but she thought he only came through my line once. The whole situation was very odd.

- blackcat104