Disinterest

It was too loud.

I opened my eyes and saw so much black that I wasn't sure if I saw anything at all.

Light's gone, day's end

Dancing in the dark

I was able to hear after all.

First of all, there was a loud throbbing. A light, wooden echo threw the sound multiple times at my head. Because my chest moved slowly up and down, I assumed it had to be my own heartbeat.

The next sound was more like a melody. Gentle but catchy. It made the air around me vibrate as if all the black would flicker. Waves ran through my whole body. From my ears across my cheekbones to my incisors, across my spine, and down to the tip of my toes. Maybe the tones came from a guitar.

But the next sound wrapped me up completely. It was more than just an average noise. A long-drawn-out tone, which dragged a bright tail behind it like a shooting star, making loops around me. A voice so pure and natural that it probably existed since ages somewhere in nature.

She fell in love with an Englishman

I had been falling too deep.

Now the voice over me sang to me. Nothing was more natural.

This was exactly the farewell that the universe had always planned for me.

I couldn't do anything against it.

Why should I? As I reached out my fingers, I jolted the coffin lid over my face. Everything was so natural. A layer of dirt surrounded the wood of the coffin. The layer of wood surrounded the waning oxygen in the coffin. And this little oxygen surrounded the layer of music around me.
The whole earth was surrounded by the universe.

There was only one thing left for me to do in this life.

Listening to our favourite song

I closed my eyes, but instead of becoming even blacker, I saw now the colors of the voice right in front of me.

Everything's covered in something brand new

Fate had planned everything, and I couldn't change it anymore as the voice sang now the last few songs for me.

"This song is for a fan and a human that had to go too early."

A fan that wasn't one. A singer that was destined for greatness.

I don't deserve this

But the universe made me deserve it.

The last things I heard in this condition were his songs.

Words that fate wrote especially for me.

"Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?"

"Will your eyes still smile from your cheek?"

"Your love will never grow old"

"It's evergreen"

I slowly floated away, my mind was falling asleep and I would freeze and lie here forever. Deliverance was only a few intervals away. My heart moved slower and slower.

All colours mixed into an omnipotent white. A light. Everything stopped and will at the same time go on forever.

The voice accompanied and welcomed me in a new place.
Finally, I realised it was the Voice Of An Angel.

And my last and first heartbeat fell silent at the same time as the chords.

Time's forever frozen still

And it's the only thing we take with us when we die

-----------------------

Shoutout to you. You made it to the end. You're a true gen z.

No, honestly, I don't know what you're doing here but I want to pat you on the shoulder. Thanks to everyone who pointed out a mistake. English's not my first language and I'm grateful for hints. I'm struggling to decide if I should delete or rewrite the whole thing.