► The Truth Will Set You Free

Words By Jacob Whitesides

               The Truth Will Set You Free

       I sat on the coffee table, facing the couch as there was Lydia on the right, Kira on the left, leaving space in the center, as Scott, Stiles and Malia stood around.

       ''How are we gonna tell her? She just walks in and we suddenly yell 'Hey Aurore! Scott Here's A Were-''.

       ''She's coming'' Scott and Malia hissed at unison. Those two sentences making everyone jump into weird poses. Literally.

       Lydia and Kira, the classic sexy pose. Lydia, I understand but when was Kira to be that type of girl to do that? Stiles and Scott stood like how statues would, as if they were in honor, where as me and Malia looked at them dumbfounded.

       No need for poses, it was just Aurore.

       She finally came down. Aurore was asleep all day, so of course she has the usual bed head, her shirt on the side was slightly risen, exposing some skin as she used the back of her hand to rub eye's, releasing a small yawn.

       Aurore's first intention is to always take a glance in the living room and then head straight to the kitchen. But this time was different. She took her usual glance and turned to the kitchen. But instead of walking to the kitchen, she turned back around facing everyone in the room.

       Her facial expression showed how bewildered she was of the odd poses the four choose to make.

       ''I don't know if I'm still sleeping and this is all a dream, or your just pulling a really weird prank?'' She questioned, walking further into the room.

       ''Oh your awake, and this isn't a prank. It's just a bunch of teens looking stupid for a 13 year old'' I at first talking to her, then to Lydia, Kira, Scott and Stiles. After that comment, they seem to have went back to normal, hopefully feeling slightly embarrassed.

       ''Aurore, come sit'' Lydia offered. She scrunched up her face more, not accepting the offer as she chose to still stand there.

       ''Scarlett what's going on?'' She asked, putting me on the spot. Everyone else wanted to answer, but they looked confused. Unsure how to start. Yet I do.

       ''Remember when we were in Mexico..'' I started, standing up from my spot on the coffee table. She nodded her head, still focusing on me.

       ''I made a promise to you, thayat-''.

       I choked. I said that weirdly than I should. That ladies and gentleman was pulling a Scarlett. Being nervous, I pronounce words weirdly.

       ''Oh god your nervous'' She muttered. Obviously she would know, she is my sister after all.

       ''Because what I'm about to say is somethang-''. Damn it..

       I let out a huge breath that was audible. The only problem was it came out shakey. Really shakey. My hands were breaking out into pounds of sweats, which made it even worse. I can't be this nervous to say a bunch of things to her. It's like telling her cool events that happened at school.

       That's it!

       I looked up at her, holding my head held up, feeling a little more confident with the words I'm about to say.

       ''I promised you, that I would tell you what that thing was.. And Scott..'' I started, now pointing at the people who she's familiar with, just doesn't know well yet.

       ''Stiles, Lydia, Kira and Malia are gonna help me out''. They nodded along.

       ''But mostly them-''.

       ''Scarlett'' Lydia scolded, not facing me though. It was then quiet as we all looked at each other.

       ''Okay!'' Stiles chirped, clapping his hands together.

       ''Where do we start?'' He asked, his tone softening. All eye's landed on Scott. Here we go...

× × ×

       I was completely shocked of all the things this group experienced. I wasn't the only one. Kira, Malia and Aurore was as well. Some of it Lydia was shocked as well, but that was at the beginning.

       ''And then Scarlett here-''.

       ''Before this go's on for another hour and a half, let me make myself something'' Aurore excused, stopping Scott from continuing as she got up from her spot on the couch -which she finally chose to do- carefully walking out in Kira's direction and then leaving the room.

       ''Wow..'' I commented, staring at the now empty spot Aurore left.

       ''She's gonna be saying that when you explain your part of the story-''.

       ''Kira'' Scott hissed, looking at her. She shrugged her shoulders keeping her eye's on me.

       ''She's right'' I muttered, looking at her as well.

       ''Scarlett, we know you-''.

       ''Stop defending her and face the fact that what I did was wrong'' I snapped, interupting Lydia's sympathy speech, as I still kept my staring competition with Kira.

       ''She might not forgive me when I tell her what happen. But at least she'll know'' I finished, getting up and going into the kitchen to see Aurore making herself a classic ham sandwhich.

       ''Hey, sorry I'm taking long, I'll be back in a sec-''.

       ''No, it's fine. But I wanna tell the rest of what's been happening. One on one'' I said. She looked at me confused, but still nodded. I sat on the stool in front of the island and sighed. Fianlly making eye contact.

       I'm screwed.