✞ 1. Sheets ✞

|| Chapter 1 ||

「 ..zack.. 」

「 Zack..」

Zack.

Zack squinted his eyes open at her. Her tinder voice had finally gotten through to him during his sleep.

「 What is it, Ray?.. 」

Can I... sleep with you, Zack ?

1: Sheets

Dawn, the suns light shined through the window onto Zack's face. Having closed eyes Zack felt a warm body inbetween his chest and arms.
It was Rachel. Peacefully she slept snug with her body facing his chest , Zack quickly shot up from the covers flustered and confused. " The hell.. How'd Ray get..." Zack then came to realization from last night,

「 Can I sleep with you, Zack? 」Rachel asked softly.

A long pause occurred as if he was trying to comprehend what she said, with droziness Zack replied,

...Yeah, sure , Come here . 」

oddly, it was firm enough for Ray to beileve he meant it . The rest was a blur to him, however this didnt sit well with Zack. It angered him that he hadn't felt disgust about it but he didnt want to think about it any longer. He put on his brown hoodie and headed out the door.

▪▪▪

It had been 3 years since Zack and Rachel escaped together after his prison break . Had yet to kill Ray, they've settled somewhere cozy , that of course, Zack murdered the man who owned it before they could stay. Rachel and especially Zack had been in hiding for the longest , if found they'd be seperated again and an even worse fate for Isaac Foster .

Ray clenched the covers, she shivered from the mildy cold room . She had awaken, she peered around for Zack but unfortunately she was in the room alone. Rachel hopped up and walked to the door, she cracked the door..

"Zack?" , she called but there was no answer . She assumed he was outside but had no interest going out to look for him. Besides she thought, " Zack would probably scold me for going out on my own simply because I'm a pretty weak girl."

As Rachel calmy waited , the door propped open . Her face lit up , "Zack you're back." "Well duh, you knew I would be back right?" Ray nodded , "But why did you leave so suddenly, you usually tell me before you go Zack," Ray asked.

"Are ya worried or somethin' ?! I just.. had shit on my mind that's all." Zack let out with uncertainty and he turned his head away from her. "Tch."

"Oh." Rachel kept it simple , she didnt want to be a burden by asking him questions as she knew Zack is a hot-head and very short-tempered. "I'm surprised that's all u gotta say , you made a big deal about it, Ray."

Truthfully Rachel did have more to say and usually she doesn't say much more but her words slipped out. Zack was beginning to walk away until , "What was on your mind ," she asked and looked up at him .

Her expression dull but serious , apparently Rachel was waiting for an answer . Her eyes locked onto him. He stared at her and started to sweat nervously then quickly snapped , "Dammit Ray..."
Her eyes widened, then he continued to speak . "Don't catch me off guard at night, okay Ray?!" He turned away and walked off as her muttered "fuck.." under his breathe.

Rachel could see that Zack was angry but she had a feeling she shouldnt mistaken it as him actually being pissed, "Should i apologize?," She thought . " At least to make up for making him feel that way..."

Zack huffed as he took off his hoodie. Why did he like her cuddling between him in her sleep but the feeling wasn't making sense. "Why would Ray do disgusting shit like that .. " maybe it was a lie that he thought it was disgusting but Zack only wanted to convince himself . "Again." He thought, "What if she does it again and I dont fucking refuse..shit ," Zack became flustered thinking about and scratched his head. The bedroom door crecked open,

"Hey Zack,"
"What is it this time huh?"

She inhaled,

「 I'm sorry. 」

His eyes slowly grew larger , puzzled he asked, "What're ya apologizing for?" "Huh, Ray?" She was looking downward as if she was holding something in then firmly said, "it bothered you didn't it, Zack?"
The gloomy look on her face was very noticable. He didnt think somelike that would make Rachel feel a type of way .. whats up with her ?

'Too soon,' He gave a long sigh then smirked, "Look," he rubbed his hand over her fragile golden head , "Don't worry about it, alright?"
"Geez Ray, I knew you were soft but do ya have'ta look so sad ? I get enough of that how expressionless you are,"
"It would really help if you knew how to smile damnit, i might never get to kill you." He rambled, and her face dropped .

Isaac opened his eye at her and realized her facial expression changed but not the way he expected it to. She turned around and walked out the room without a word. "HEY!" He yelled out to her, "i was only playin'..." his voice lowered and came to a stop.

He thought of chasing after her but he figured he should leave her alone. He slouched down on the back and rested his arms around his head then looked at the ceiling .. Zack yawned as his eyes blanked and his vision blurred and got darker . He fell into a nap without realizing.

▪▪▪

Ray twisted the knob to stop the bath water from running out the facet, she ploped her legs into the lukewarm water and sat.

"Zack really won't kill me if I don't smile hm..." Rachel poundered about this as she looked at the water. He doesn't understand.. I don't care if he gets the chance to kill me even if I do want that I've already told him I kept it with me .. Rachel couldn't put her finger on it , of what she really wanted.

I..

I..

"I just want Zack..in life and in death... forever. " her eyes closed as she sat in the water , she beileved just maybe, He was her true happiness . She felt her rosy cheeks.. she was smiling even if it was a little bit .. Her eyes on the other hand, were much more lively.