✞ 4. Instinct ✞

|| Chapter 4 ||

 「 C'mon Ray.. 」

His tone gentle as he picked her up in his arms. "Z-Zack?" Her eyes popped open in surprise then proceeded to wrap her arms around his neck for support.

"Wanna watch a movie tonight?" He looked down at her pale soft face and smiled.
"Mhm.." her approval muffled as she nodded her head buried close to his chest. She still had on his hoodie which looked oversized for her petite figure. Rachel enjoyed being in his arms like this as he carried her out the room. Her smooth cheeks blushed in a soft rosey tint, she felt warm and safe. Mine... she sighed as she tightened her arms to snuggle a bit closer, though being so close enough already. Her light breaths were heating up his chest.

4. Instinct

Zack could feel this slight warmth hitting his chest, then smirked, "I hope yer not falling asleep yet, we haven't even sat down yet, Ray. "

"I know, Zack." Her speech a bit muffled from how close her lips were to his chest. Damn.. Zack couldn't take feeling her warm breaths hitting his chest, If this keeps up I wouldn't know what to do... Ray's soft breaths were causing a reaction to Zack's body. He felt his hairs spark up and his heart thump. Shit.. I still don't know what's coming over me.. He took a closer look at her, Ray being so close like this makes me feel... He still couldn't put his finger on it. He didnt know the word for it.. but he was indeed smitten.

Zack sat down with her on the couch.

"It feels like forever since we last turned on this TV.." Rachel rambled as she spung up from the couch.
"Where ya going?" He raised a brow.
"To find a movie of course, just as you asked."

But as Rachel thought about it, they'd practically had seen most of the movies on the shelf that they had found somewhat interesting. Lets see here... Her eyes narrowed as she put her finger on her lips in frustration.

"Something up Ray?" Zack asked her as she seemed stumped. "Ah..it's just I can't find anything we've probably haven't seen before," She sighed to herself, this might ruin everything now, just when Zack and I were so close..She yearned to be in Zack's arms, exchanging body warmth, thinking about that made her heart beat intensely. This feeling she had attached itself to Zack like glue. Even if she tried to overcome it, she just couldn't see herself not longing for this man to be hers. As long as she lived, he's the only one to give her the smallest hope of continuing to live her life. Until..."Oh.." she gazed down to the floor.. "that oath.." these words had made her intense hearbeat cease and desist.

She was so deep in thought she hadn't realized her hand pressing on a weak part of the shelf. It wasn't sturdy and began to shake slightly- it was on the verge of falling on her.

"RAY!" Zack shouted getting her attention.

THUD.

The shelf had collapsed and the movies and CD's came down with it. She had caused a mishap.

"The hell! Watch out next time!"
"Sorry, Zack , I wasn't thinking straight and the shelf-"
"I dont give a damn about the shelf I mean you!"

Eh..? Her eyes widened as her sea blue  eyes looked up at him. He sighed in frustration,  "Are ya alright?" Ray nodded, "It's not that big of a deal," a soft smile appeared on her face. "I'll keep looking.."

Zack now sat next to her as they looked for a movie to watch that had been here from since the last owner 3 years ago. Come to think of it, even though this place was far out from any bustling town or city, It had pretty much anything you'd find in a average corner store or shopping center.