II

"Hey Y/N!" The ever so loud and talkative Younghyun greeted me as I walked out my apartment. We were scheduled on the same shift to work, so we decided to carpool. As Younghyun helped me yesterday, I decided to return the favor and save him some gas money.

The uniform for our new job was simple: black t-shirt and jeans or khakis. The place had a chill vibe, and management made sure the employees were sure to help carry it.

I turned over to see Younghyun and I wearing similar outfits, both holding out aprons and visors in our hands.

I gave him a smile and started walking off to my car, with him trailing behind me.

And as I learned very quickly, Younghyun doesn't know how to stop talking.

The second we sat in my car, he started bursting out with questions, almost childlike.

"Wow! This is a nice car! When did you get it?"

"Oh, well I actually got it not too long ago-"

"Are your parents helping you pay for it? Or are they making you pay for that yourself too?"

I looked over at him, where he was just smiling out of curiosity.

"I have to pay for it myself." I said bluntly.

With my somewhat rude response, I expected him to stop talking, but he just smiled and looked at me. "That sucks," He said, still with a smile on his face.

We finally pulled up to our new job. I parked in the back, as instructed, and entered the building through the back.

Younghyun and I began to put on our aprons and adjusted our visors onto our heads.

"Y/N!" Younghyun called. "Come take a picture with me! I wanna remember our first day of work."

We were in the break room waiting for a senior employee to come scoop us up and start training us for the job. With nothing else to do, I walked over to Younghyun, who was holding his phone up and smiling, with his hand making a peace sign.

I stood next to him and smiled, and he took multiple pictures.

"Wow, we look great. I'm gonna post these on Instagram. Oh, oh, let me tag you! What's your handle?"

I looked at him, a little unsure if I really wanted to give him that. But if things are gonna be how I think their gonna be, there's no way I'm getting rid of this guy, even if I try.

"It's @/yourhandle," I responded. Within seconds, my phone buzzed in my back pocket. I pulled it out to check my notifications.

"from_youngk started following you" now

"from_youngk mentioned you in a comment: "twinning with my new coworker/neighbor @/yourhandle"" 1 min ago

"from_youngk tagged you in a photo" 1 min ago

I opened my phone to Instagram and looked at his post. I smiled at the gesture, liked the post and followed Younghyun back.

We sat there doing nothing but being on our phones when a senior employee busted through the doors of the break room.

We jerked up straight and put our phones down.

"So you're the new guys, eh?" The older male said to us. "Let's get you guys started, follow me."

We went out of the break room, where we were led to the place where it all happens, behind the counter. I could see business was slow, so that's probably why they decided to train us now.

"Okay," the older guy said. "Because you two are barely starting off, no one's gonna make you do anything that's too much, like actually make the drinks or something. You need actual training for that, and that's for another day. Come here," he said, and beckoned us two to follow him.

"You'll both switch between working register and tagging and sanitation. Neither is a hard job, even as annoying as sanitation may sound, coffee drinking, skateboarding hippies know how to keep a place clean."

Younghyun and I stayed quiet and continued to listen to what we were being told. The guy continued to show us how to work register, how to properly write down orders and how to transfer the orders into a label to print out and put on a cup, the process being called "tagging."

"I don't think I need to explain to either of you how to clean a bathroom, do I?"

Younghyun and I only quietly shook our heads.

"Good. So you guys get a fifteen minutes break every three hours or a 40 minute one every six. Shifts are usually anywhere between those two numbers, unless you request for anymore, and your request would have to be approved by the manager. I'm Sungjin, by the way, I'm about to be the assistant manager of this place, if everything goes as planned."

"I'm Y/N," I said quietly.

"I'm Younghyun," he said just as quietly.

Someone finally managed to shut him up.

"Speaking of names!" Sungjin said. "You guys need to get your name tags, come back to the break room."

We followed him back to the break room, where he pulled out two brand new name tags, that were made of blackboard material.

"This is a hipster cafe, you write your own name on your name tag with chalk, which is in the lobby." Sungjin said, handing us each one.

Younghyun and I walked to the register area and then entered the lobby by opening the small gate that was between the two areas and grabbed chalk that was next to a blackboard sign, advertising today's special.

We wrote our names and helped each other pin them to our aprons.

"So," Younghyun started. "You wanna take sanitation or register first?"

"I don't care, you pick."

"Oooh I was hoping you'd say that. You better believe I'm picking register."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, have fun," I said, walking to the supply closet to grab a rag and cleaner.

My first official day of work at my new job, actually isn't that bad.
_________________________
A/N: thanks to everyone who is supporting this story, much appreciation :))
ch. 3 soon!