V

A/N: sorry it's been a while, you might wanna reread the last chapter :(
________________________

I stood up from my desk and began to head to the front of class. There was about ten other people making their way to the front with me.

A line was quickly formed for speaking order, and I quickly headed to the back of that very line.

People started introducing themselves, a few visibly nervous, and others not as much. As the line became smaller and smaller, my hands began to get more shaky. I'm usually not nervous whenever I speak in public, but for some reason, the nerves were really getting to me.

Eventually the line ran out, and it was my turn to introduce myself.

I stood up straight and tried to ease my nervousness with acting confident.

"Hi!" I said brightly. "I'm Y/N, and I'm from (i don't wanna dictate this so just think whereever lol) and so far my major is still undeclared." I scanned around, looking at everyone paying attention to me.

"Um, I also recently just got a job at the Starlight Cafe on 23rd street, so if you ever go around there you might see me," I looked to the back of the auditorium like classroom and saw Jae with a slight smirk on his face.

I gave a straight smile. "That's all I have to say about myself. Hope we'll work well together this semester." I walked down from the front of class back to my seat.

"And lastly," Tim began. "Can everyone in the front row please come and introduce yourselves?"

It was exactly what to expect. The people who sat in the front were the kind of people who labeled their notes in five different categories and color coded their vocabulary and god knows what.

That one girl with the high ponytail went first, out of them, and spoke loudly and eagerly. The rest of them went on, carrying a similar vibe when they spoke. They all sat down, and by the one they were done, class was almost over.

"Okay then," Tim said. "I hope you remember at least one person that introduced themselves, because the first assignment is due in three weeks, and like I said, if any of you read the syllabus, you have to make a 'business proposal' as 'partners' to your peers. This will be the ONLY assignment where you can pick your partner, or, I will pick them for you. I don't care, but next Monday if I see you not working with someone, I'll put you to work with someone."

People began looking around at the others around them, already agreeing to work together in pairs.

Tim looked down at his wrist and back to the class. "Well, that's all the time for today. See you next week!"

I, along with everyone else, grabbed my bag and started walking out of the class to head to the library, where Younghyun should've been waiting for me so we could go home.

I was already well away from the building and almost at the library when I heard someone call my name.

"Y/N!" An exasperated voice said.

I looked back to see the tall and lanky dude rushing towards me.

"Jae?" I looked at him confused.

He reached me. "I was wondering if you had already found your partner?"

found my partner..?

"You know, for the project?"

OH

"Um, no, I haven't actually." I said quietly.

"Well, would you like to work with me on the assignment?" He said shyly.