A Much Needed Talk

Word Count: 3307 (completed, May 14, 2019)

[[5:30 PM - San Francisco, CA - August 19, 2021]]

Back at the Police Department on 3rd Street, Rick checks the time on his computer and he remembered that he was supposed to meet Kirigaya Kazuto at Coit Tower at 6 PM and he knew that it was almost time. So he turned off his computer, stood up, placed all of his papers in the labeled envelope and he walked away towards the car.

"Rick, where you going?" asked Jonas as he saw him walking past towards the front door.

"Just going to meet with someone in Coit Tower. I'll be back" he said quickly before he got out.

He briskly rushed into his police cruiser and drove through 3rd Street facing North to get to Coit Tower.

[[Coit Tower- 5:55 PM]]

Rick arrived at the empty parking area of Coit Tower, just 5 minutes early. He parked his car, got off, and walked towards Coit Tower. He could see that there are not many people there since this place has been closed, and he realized that he may be the only one in this place as the sun began to set.

He arrived at the site of the Coit Tower by climbing up the stairs, and he was surprised to see Kirigaya standing by the doorway on top of the stairs leaning on one side with his arms crossed. He grinned as he saw Rick.

"Huh, you're 5 minutes early. Thought I'm not going to wait for you?" he asked.

"What? No!" he said surprised by how did Kirigaya know about it.

"Of course... Come with me" said Kirigaya and he walked inside the tower. Rick soon followed all the way up to the top of Coit Tower by walking up on more stairs. Both he and Kirigaya can see the magnificent view of the city as the sun sets. The two admired the view of San Francisco with lights beginning to turn on. From there on, the two began to converse about the view and each other.

"Nice view huh?" asked Rick as he looked at the Bay Bridge, which can be seen from here.

"Yeah... I kinda feel like I'm getting used to it in the new world." said Kirigaya, feeling enjoyed.

"So, you're from the different world or timeline?" asked Rick, hearing his last phrase.

"Yeah. I still didn't know your name" said Kirigaya.

"Oh...  My name is Rick. "Lieutenant" Rick S. Hamilton"

"Interesting name. You can call me Kirito if you like. I'm good at computers" said Kazuto.

"I see. Not only you read books, but you get information on the internet" said Rick as he rubbed his thumb on his chin.

(Kirito): "I only read a few books, but yeah, I went through a lot of digging of research"

(Rick): "Okay... So, can we get to the point? Your information you gathered for several months, and you haven't shown it to the public for 2 long years."

"This might seem too grim and disturbing, are you sure?"

"I'm a Lieutenant and I solve anything and I needed answers. I'm listening." Rick simply replied, a bit nervously but trying to put in his brave stance.

Kirigaya took a deep breath and sighed.

"This may require a much-needed talk," said Kirigaya...

"I'm all ears," said Rick as he began to listen to what Kirigaya might have to say.

"Do you know about the history of the 19th century?" he asked.

"No?" Rick simply replied out of confusion and curiosity.