The Hostage

August 19, 2021 - 8:29PM

The duo, Rick and Ross, came into contact with 5 masked, enemy hostiles, armed with a Belgian battle rifle, and some M4 carbines, who fired at Rick's police cruiser. They drifted and screeched to a stop, with his car facing towards the road on the left side, which takes him directly towards the entrance of the Zuckerberg San Francisco Hospital.

Rick and Ross, grabbed the Beretta M9 pistols and took cover behind the cruiser, which is 17 meters away from the enemy's firing positions. Rick peeked by the rear of the cruiser and he took cover as the two were rained down by bullets. Ross grabbed his walkie-talkie and was about to call Chief Carlos Anderson for help, but Rick stopped him and said:

"Ross! If we call for reinforcements, whoever she is, she will kill Dr. Cheung or Natalie! We have to face them head-on!"

Ross didn't know what to do in this deadly situation. 2 versus 5 won't be pretty much easy as they have fully-automatic weapons, while Rick and Ross only have a single MAC-10, which was stored inside the glovebox, and that they didn't have time to pick it up and 2 Beretta M9 pistols.

Rick knew that fighting with semi-auto weapons, like pistols alone would be difficult. As the gunmen stopped firing, Rick and Ross waited, and waited, until he could hear some distant footsteps. He looked down underneath the cruiser and he can see their footwear, and they are creeping closer towards them. Rick used his hand gestures to Ross, signaling to stand by.

--11 seconds later--

After several seconds, Rick made a visual hand gesture to open fire. The duo stood up and fired the pistols, killing 2 out of 5 gunmen in the process. The hostiles returned fire, and the duo took cover again. Remarkably, they remained unscathed and they haven't got shot once. 

The situation was fierce, but Rick and Ross managed to eliminate most of the masked gunmen, except one, which was incapacitated with both of his legs shot. He was reaching for the radio transceiver in the armored van, but Rick and Ross catch up to him and slammed their foot down before he even grabbed the bladed weapon sheathed in his pocket or he had got there. He was knocked out cold by Rick, as he kicked in his face.

The two were about to go back to the police cruiser, but he realized it was riddled with bullets, and smoke was seen rising out from the holes in the front side of the car. Rick knew that the car was too damaged to drive. Nevertheless, the two got back for Rick to grab his MAC-10 machine pistol, and they continued the rest of their way on foot.

** 8:32 PM**

The two entered the hospital where Natalie was in a coma there, via an emergency exit doorway on the 2nd floor, after they had sneaked past several gunmen, who were guarding the main entrance. There, Rick scanned around the environment, and he spotted the CCTV camera. He knew that whoever called on his phone to go to the hospital, she must have already saw the two of them.

"Ross, we need to stay sharp and quiet. She must have seen us, and she may have sent some men to kill us," warned Rick.

"Yes, sir," said Ross quietly.

"Is this a trap?" thought Rick, as he was about to proceed to head towards the corridor.

But as he steps foot into the corridor, the intercom suddenly rang out a brief static, and then, a sadistic female voice that Rick knew who she is...

"Ahahahaha..." she giggled through the intercom. "What a nice surprise, I can't believe you eliminated some of my men along the way and you managed to infiltrate the hospital I see," she said on the intercom.

"Hey, you! Who are you!? What do you want for me!?" shouted Rick, demanding to know who she is. He feels pretty determined but slightly anxious.

"Oh, you want to know. Well, I will tell you that you know me as the one responsible for trying to assassinate you on Market Street. But I missed and hit your colleague instead." she said.