Chapter 2

Diciembre 30, 1896

Luckily, we weren't the last ones to hop on the train. I had to force Luca out of the bed again so that we won't miss the morning ride to Barcelona.

An old lady smiled at the sight of us once we were inside. It warmed me up at the sight of her, remembering Tia Teodora and the rooster that always cocked back home. We sat in the seat in front of her and her husband. The seat was undeniably soft that I fear sweat could really gather in the seat.

Luca might've said that he was going to tell Don Manuel that because of me sleeping late, I would sleep with my mouth open, but once the train started moving, he tipped his head and drifted off to sleep. With his mouth open and an excruciatingly loud snore.

Looks like I had to enjoy looking at the scenery without someone bothering me from my thoughts.

Three years had passed since I arrived here in Spain. The dizzying ride aboard the ship was the ones I'd never forget. I never saw anything but blue: The sky, the sea, and maybe my thoughts of leaving home. Luckily, Luca was aboard as well, and although I wasn't well-oriented with Spanish, he taught me. We talked on and on aboard the ship, until we eventually became friends.

I discovered a lot about him there as well. His father was appointed by the king as the Alcalde-Mayor* of Nueva Ecija, he and his mother was just checking out what was around there. Luca had to return early because he had to tend things back here in Spain.

Luca always relieved my homesickness, but with the recent letter ate Gregoria gave, I'm not sure whether I should continue my studies here. Although I have already said I'm not returning, something still bugs me.

This rebellion. It better not start soon.

AHAHA SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER. But yeah, the challenge's still on o.o IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER, DON'T FORGET TO V O T E :DDDDDDDD