chapter one

A/N: I do not own any of the characters except Katherine and her storyline.

chapter one — way down we go

Katherine's PoV

"DAD NO." I CRIED. "DON'T leave me. You promised you'd be by my side. Forever."

I couldn't take this pain that was pulsing through my body. My dad is dying. In my arms. And I couldn't do anything to help him, not anymore.

I will kill this son of a bitch.

Actually son of God but that doesn't matter to me.

I will find him and haunt him to death.

"K-Kat." my dad gasped. "I- I want you to promise me something."

I nodded as often as possible hoping that his breath will be enough for him to finish his sentence.

"Everything, dad. Everything."

He coughed.

No. Dad please.

"I-I want you to live your life as good as possible. Please-" he coughed again. "Please don't get into this world. I want you to be happy."

I nodded, again. "Yes dad. I will try, I promise." I almost couldn't talk because of all the tears that were coming up. I cant live without him.

"I will always be with you." he whispered.

Breathing hardly, I woke up. It's been 10 years since my dad died and I still have these nightmares every week. Every week, over and over I see him dying in my arms, again.

I tried to control my breath but failed miserable and started to cough. While sitting here trying to breathe I thought about the fact that Lucifer might still be out there. But I cant do anything to stop him.

I'm not a hunter like my dad, I don't even know how to kill a demon. And I don't want to know. Because knowing too much of this world puts me in danger and I promised him that I'd stay out of danger as good as possible.

I looked around the dirty motel room.

Last day here, finally. Then I'll be on my way to Carthage hoping to find mom there.

Even tho she left us I needed her right now. I needed her more than anything.

-

As I sat in my blue 1969 Chevy Camaro Convertible I turned on my favorite music, rock.

My favorite song is Highway to Hell which is kinda ironic knowing that there actually is a hell.

I was singing loudly to the music and tried to forget everything and everyone that ever pissed me off. That worked well mostly but since a few weeks the scars in my heart felt like they were starting to open again and letting all feelings come through.

It felt like something is about to hit my feelings soon.

-

After three days I finally arrived. But how can I say finally.

Here wasn't a single soul and it scared me. The first thought that came into my mind was

Where's Mom?

I haven't met her since she left us. I was 14 but I understood. She left for the same reason I had to promise dad I won't step into the monster's world.