Chapter 3 (Lydia POV)

I was about to beat Damian over the head with a metal rod, he was so freaking annoying! He hadn’t shut up in the last 4 hours and I wasn’t the only one getting annoyed either. So to get away for a little while I asked if we could get out and play in the snow. We all got out and put our snow gear on, where mason had pulled over there was a huge hill we could climb and explore.  Once we got all of our gear on Lela and I started to hike. It was good to take a break from being in that truck and being so cramped together. And it was so pretty outside, standing on top of the hill looking down on the snow covered tree’s.

“You ok?” Lela asked me as we were both gazing at the scenery in front of us.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.” I replied. And I would be as soon as I could get away from Damian. I was so deep in thought I didn’t notice my surroundings until a huge snowball  hit me in the neck and went down my coat. It was so cold, I screamed and turned to see who did it—Tanner. Oh, was he going to die!  I bent down and grabbed a good handful of snow, made sure it was packed together and threw  it at him . he thought he was funny, until he turned back towards me and the snow ball hit him right in the face.

THE WAR WAS ON!!!

He came running for me, grabbing snowballs and chucking them at me. Eventually everyone got involved. Poor Lela got ganged up on by Mason and Noah and they dumped a butt load of snow on her. By the time I got her all cleaned up she said she was freezing and went back to the truck. Mason went with her to go warm up the truck for her. Tanner and Noah found some tracks and went to go check that out. As for me, I was not getting stuck with Damian so I went for a walk. But I didn’t stop him from following or talking. I couldn’t even listen to him with out wanting at scream at him. He was walking right next to me, on the side of the mountain. With out thinking I kicked his feet out from underneath him. His eyes went wide and he started to fall. He was trying to grab everything around him to save him but he was only coming up with snow until he grabbed my leg. Before I could save myself he went flying down the mountain, dragging me down with him. I screamed all the way down. All I could think was I am going to die.

Luckily the hill didn’t have to many rocks or anything so I didn’t get scratched up too bad. I heard Damian hit the snow-covered ground with a thud and I landed right on top of him. Too tired and sore to move, I just laid there trying to catch my breath.

“Well if this is what it was going to take for you to get on top of me I would of done it sooner.” He said. That’s all it took for me to get off of him. I stood up and started walking away.

“Lyd I was just kidding, will you just stop?” he was yelling after me. I didn’t stop because he asked. I stopped because we were stranded. There was no way of getting out- we were in a hole.

He shut up when he realized the same thing. We both started yelling for help! I felt around in my pockets, shiiiiittttt! I left my phone in the truck.

“Give me your phone.” Those were the first words I had said to him in over 2 years. He looked at me a little surprised and then handed it over. I called Tanner, then Mason, then Noah nobody in their right mind was answering their phones. Good for me because I memorized Lela’s phone number and she always has her phone on her.

“Lydia! Where are you?” she asks right away.

“umm… we are kinda stuck in a hole at the bottom of the mountain.

“What the crap did you just say?”

“i said..”  I got out before she cut me off.

“No I heard what you said; I just didn’t think you were serious.”

“Oh I’m serious, haha ill tell you the story later. Can you just get us out of here please!?”

“Ok just one more question… who’s phone is this?”