Chapter 6 (Lydia POV)

When Damian asked me to leave I wasn’t going to, but I figured they needed to sort things out on their own—so I left. I didn’t go far, actually I sat right outside the door and waited. After about fifteen minutes I was getting antsy and I couldn’t wait any longer so I barged in. Tanner was sitting on one bed and Damian was on the other, they had the sports channel on and were talking about the game.

“Are you guys serious?” I asked standing in the doorway. They both gave me funny looks.

“You mean to tell me that you were just going to let me sit in the hallway thinking you were still talking when really you have probably been sitting here for 10 minutes watching a stupid game!?” I couldn’t believe them! They both started laughing at me, I didn’t find it funny. Damian pulled me down onto the bed and I cuddled right into him.

“You guys are ridiculous, so I am assuming you made up?”

“Would we be sitting here if we hadn’t?” Tanner replied. He wasn’t paying attention so I threw a pillow at his head.

Lying there, I think I fell asleep again because watching sports isn’t my kind of thing. When it was over, I suggested we go get something to eat. We hadn’t seen the boys or Lela so we went in search of them. When we got downstairs I saw Lela and a guy sitting in chairs talking, they looked deep in conversation. When we walked up I recognized the person, it was my second cousin, Jace.

“Oh my god, Jace! How are you?” I let go of Damian and gave him a hug. Tanner shook his hand and said hey.

“Hey Lydia, hey Tanner! I thought you guys would have been at the reunion by now.”

“We would have been if it hadn’t of been for these two.” Tanner said pointing to Damian and I. He then went on to tell him everything that has happened the last 4 days. Jace was laughing his butt of at the end.

“So I see you met my best friend Lela.” I said to Jace.

“Yeah we have actually been sitting down here talking for a couple hours.”

“That’s where you escaped to, I’ve been sitting upstairs watching a boring game on TV with these two dummies!” I said to Lela. “We were going to go get some dinner, you want to come with us Jace?”

“Sure I would love to!”

“Do you guys know where Mason and Noah are?” I asked just as they came walking up.

We went to Pizza hut, which was just down the road so we walked. We got a couple of pizzas and ate there. Once we got back, we said goodnight to Jace and that we would see him at the reunion tomorrow. We left Lela so she could say goodnight by herself. Everyone fell asleep early; it ended up being just Damian and me since we had napped all day. He got up and pulled me up. He told me to go change into my bathing suit and we headed down stairs, the pool was open all night.

When we got there, no one was there, seeing as it was midnight. This gave me butterflies for some reason and Damian squeezed my hand. He turned and looked at me and gave me a sly face, and ran and dove into the pool. I walked myself into it in the shallow end and went toward where he jumped in. I couldn’t see him. The room was dark except for a couple lights in the corner and the moon light shining in from outside. I felt hands wrap around my waist and I gulped air in before I got pulled under water. I opened my eyes, not caring about the chlorine, and Damian pulled me into him and kissed me; which was difficult because there’s no air under water. We both came up, gasping for air and laughing hard. I was giggling and he just smiled and watched me. I felt my cheeks turn pink and he pulled me toward him. The way he was looking made me feel nervous, no guy had ever looked at me with so much want in his eyes. All I could think was how fast my feelings were growing, when we started this car ride I all could think about was how much I hated him and couldn’t get over how badly he had hurt me. But the other morning when he kissed me, I could tell how sorry he was and he cared for me a lot. Now standing in this pool with his hands and lips all over me, I could honestly tell him how much I loved him. In my mind, I never thought it possible to tell a person you loved them after only 2 days but now I could. I was just afraid of what he would say.

He kept staring at me, watching every little move I made. He swam over to where I was and he pulled me close and hugged me. He held me there for a while. Sometimes you don't need to kiss someone to show them how much you care for them.