Chapter 5 (Damian's POV)

Holy shit was Lyd amazing! My life had flip flopped in a matter of two days. Everything was changing, down in the hole I confessed everything to her. She just looked at me, begging me to tell her, that one look made me putty in her hands. So later that night when we were watching a movie we slowly inched towards each other until we were holding hands, then we would take turns tracing shapes on our hands. We had all fallen asleep in the one room, when I woke up once during the night we were cuddling, I had never cuddled with a girl in my life! The next morning when I woke up and she wasn’t there I kind of freaked inside until I heard the toilet flush. I was just going to see if she wanted to go watch TV in the other room but when I saw her I pushed her back into the bathroom and kissed her. It was so gentle at first but I couldn’t stand gentle, I needed to kiss her. I pushed her against the counter and we both lost it from there. Damn was she a good kisser too.

The whole car ride I just wanted to sit and make out in the back seat but Tanner kept glaring at me so when we stopped I couldn’t let her sleep, I wanted more! I pulled her onto my lap and explored her with my hands. In the beginning of the trip, I had said I just wanted to get with her and be done but now I didn’t. I wanted to take things slow—which I had never done with a girl either—and make sure I didn’t eff things up, thank god we live in Boise now or I wouldn’t have Lyd.

The way she protected me from Tanner stunned me the most. Lydia and Tanner are like brother and sister they are so close, always looking out for each other. So when she told him to leave me alone and stood up for me I knew that I had to prove to her that I wasn’t the guy that Tanner was saying I was, I was better than that and I was in it for the long run.

I woke up to Lydia tracing my face it felt so good. I started kissing her all over the place. Since we were on the couch, I was hard to make out with her lying next to her so I moved on top of her. We were just starting to deepen the kiss when I heard Tanner and the gang come in the door. Mason, Noah and Lela ran back out, forcing Tanner to stay.

“What the hell? Why don’t you have a shirt on?”

“He took a shower and then we took a nap, its not like we did anything, chill out!” Lydia answered.

“Like that’s believable!” he said back. I whispered to Lydia to leave. She didn’t look like she was going to leave, but she did.

“What the hell Tanner?” I asked him. “What is your deal?” He looked like he wanted to beat the shit out of me again.

“If you’re going to hit me again, just do it already! But I’m telling you know I won’t fight back.”

“Why not?” he asked me.

“Because if I fight you back I’m just giving into your obscene idea’s about me and I want to prove to Lydia that that isn’t who I am. I think am falling for her, and I want to do everything right.”