Chapter 4 (Lydia POV)

Since we had been stopped for four hours we only got to drive for two more hours. That means we would be in hotels for two more nights. We got rooms side by side again with conjoining doors. Since we were all getting along we ate dinner and then went and watched a movie. Damian and I ended up really close together and playing with each other’s hands through the whole movie. We all fell asleep in one room, when I woke up Damian and Lela were on either sides of me and Noah was at our feet. Damian had his arm around my waist and was cuddled up against me. Tanner and Mason were on the other bed. I was really comfortable and didn’t want to get up but I really had to pee.

I gently lifted his arm and slowly crept out of bed, careful not to wake anyone up. I went to the bathroom, I was just going to sneak back into the bed but when I opened the door Damian was standing right in front of me. He pushed me back in the bathroom and shut the door behind us. He slowly pulled me close to him and our faces got closer and closer. The kiss started out soft, barely touching lips. We pulled back shortly but only long enough for him to push me against the counter and kiss me harder. A moan escaped from the back of his throat as he lifted me onto the counter and he pulled me closer until I wrapped my legs around his waist. We were totally in our own little world until we heard the main door close. It made us jump back a little; we sat there smiling at each other for a few minutes. Then we decided to go over to the other room and watch TV since no one was up. Before we left, I grabbed a few bucks. We walked down to the vending machine and got one diet and one regular Pepsi and a couple pop tarts. We were arguing about which was better—chocolate or strawberry—when we walked in the other room. Tanner was just walking out of the bathroom, he looked down and saw us holding hands, shook his head and left.

“That was weird.” Damian said.

“Ya just a little.” We sat one of the beds and watched Jersey Shore.

“This show is so stupid yet entertaining.” Damian said.

“I know the most annoying couple has to be Ronny and Sam, all they do is fight, have sex, act cuddly and fight again! It’s ridiculous!” I complained.

“I think my favorites have to be Jwoww, Pauly D and Vinny! They’re awesome!”

“Oh my god I know they are my favorites too!” we were still chatting about Jersey shore when Lela came bursting into the room. She took one look at us cuddled up on the bed together and started jumping up and down squealing like a mad woman.

“I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!” she kept saying.

“You knew what?” Damian and I asked at the same time.

“That you two would eventually end up together!” she seemed so pleased with herself, like she had something to do with it!

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

We had the truck loaded and on the road by eight thirty. We were all in our regular spots except Damian and I were cuddled together watching a movie. I looked up from the movie by the feeling someone was watching us, I looked at Noah, no not him he was passed out in the corner. Lela was making a bracelet. Mason was crashed in the passengers spot; he hadn’t felt like driving today. When I looked at Tanner he was glaring at Damian, switching his eyes between him and the road. I reached down and pulled up word on my computer

Me: Tanner keeps giving you the stink eye

Damian: I’ve noticed, I just didn’t want to say anything

Me: why not?

Damian: I don’t know, I didn’t want to start something if no one else noticed it but me.