6

You sure you didn't forget anything? 

She read the text from Minji who worried her sister may have left behind some of her belongings. It was Monday morning, the day she would move into the estate and with a heavy heart she dragged her plain black suitcase from the bus stop. 

Minji had a difficult time understanding why her sister had to leave home and had also forgotten that the job was live-in. They both decided that with one less sister at home, it was better that Minji move into Hanji's and put up her own apartment for rent. 

Her older sister packed her bags for her, folding her favourite pieces of clothing and leaving the difficult things like skincare and makeup for Hanji, herself. 

I'm not gone forever, Minji. Besides if I forget anything, it's only a half-hour drive :)

It's true, Hyuk had granted her permission to return home every weekend if she wanted to and she very much liked the offer as she would get to see her sister. 

Tucking her phone away into the pocket of her long mid-calf skirt which was coloured a pale blue, a colour she learned was one of Daeul's favourites -- the others being green and red. She arrived at the gate where one of the drivers, perhaps twice her age, was waiting, and waved her hand in the air. 

"삼촌/samcheon/uncle!", she called out with a beaming smile on her face. They older man jogged toward her and opened the door, smiling widely as he took her luggage from her and carried it into the house. 

Suddenly, she heard the familiar sound of small feet pitter-pattering against the tiled floor and instantly knew who it was. 

"Hanji!", she heard Daeul's small yet raspy voice call out to her, making her turn around to see him still dressed in his pajamas running to her with open arms. 

"Good morning, buddy!", she laughed and held back from lifting him up to carry the boy in his arms. Instead, she patted his head as he tugged on her skirt and clung next to her. Taking the suitcase from the older man, she uttered multiple thank you's before walking inside with Daeul. 

"Why're you up so early, huh?", she teased. 

Missus Chae had entered the living room dressed in the same satin and grey outfit she always wore. "He heard you're coming early, today." 

Hanji smiled warmly, looking toward the small boy next to her who covered his face in embarrassment. "Is that right, Daeul?"

"Daeul, why don't you show Hanji her room? Maybe you can help her unpack after breakfast.", the older woman suggested, grinning toward the boy. He proceeded to dragging her by the skirt toward the bottom of the staircase. She carefully dragged her luggage behind her, watching out for his little toes which she tried to avoid stepping on. 

The older housekeeper had told her to leave her items downstairs for someone else would come to claim them and place them in her room in the evening, so Daeul ascended the stairs as fast as he could but took two steps per level due to his short strides. 

When they had reached the top, he ran toward the pale white door at the end of the corridor and pushed it open with Hanji trailing right behind him. 

The first thing she saw was the clock on the wall which was decorated with Roman numerals. It was large and beige, its numbers painted brown. On the adjacent wall rested a bed perhaps the same size as hers at home, only this one was plain white and not pastel pink and instead of one pillow it had three.