1:31

April 10th, 1994

April 10th, 1994. 5:34 P.M.

I traipse down to the bottom floor with Lori ripping my hand to hurry up. I didn't care to use the pool; it was nearly dinner time and our mother would be searching for us soon. I wave my young sister off, "You're old enough to go by yourself. Shoo." I say, having better things to do. She stampers off angry at me, but it's not really on my radar now.

I peak around to the open bar area, and don't see a single security guard checking id, so I sneak in and hiding behind a bush. I find Dallas speaking to a woman at the bar, she's on the stool and he's leaning practically over her like a shadow.

It wasn't until she flicked her hair, that I realised it was Avery. I felt my heart pop and crack; I was just out of earshot from them. I detail his facial expressions, and find out he's happy, happier than he's been in a long time. I wished I could make him feel that way.

They'd be an attractive couple, and have pretty kids... Maybe this was it, maybe him seeing her again was fate and now they'll be together. I shift around to the giant windows, it was sun setting. I decide to stop spying and go hanging out with Lori at the pool.

I sat on the edge of the pool, with my legs dangling in the water. Lori swam over to me, "Don't splash me." I warned her, not in the mood for play. She scowls and continues to swim laps.

I attempted to tan in the lowering sun, fanning the heat from my face. I'm tapped on the shoulder which nearly sends me falling into the water, Avery sits down next to me, inexplicably confident in her red bikini, "You spoke?" I said. She smiles to herself, but I don't look. I felt it.

"He's different now." She says, watching out at the clear water's ripples, "And I can't place it." She adds, of course talking about the way he is too her. To everyone else he's been the same. I should know of all people, after all I spend the most time with him.

I couldn't even fathom words at this point, I just looked down at my pale feet kicking beneath the waters surface. Out of nowhere someone walking behind us says something, I didn't quite catch. I didn't even have time to comprehend it. Dallas was already on him. They shoved each other back and forth, the entire pool side watched on. Avery was on her feet and I was frozen.

The look in Dally's eyes was frightening, he's only this insane when drunk. He couldn't have been already; we've been here an hour. He's dark, venom laced voice, rages under the stress of being in front of this girl. He felt the absolute need to impress her, "What the hell did you say, man?" he leans in so close to the other guy, neither of them would back down. It all happened so fast, and blood was splattered on the pool cement within a spilt second.

author note: my apologises, this chapter is real bad... i will be taking more time from now on.