Chapter 1

Flutter popped her eyes open. It has been a few moons since she was born, and Flutter was already curious of her surroundings. She padded on wobbly legs towards her sister, Moon who was apparently snoring next to Mother. "Hey, sleepy head, wake up, so you can explore with me!" Flutter yipped, head butting her sister playfully. Moon groaned. "Flutter, leave me alone. . ." Mother slowly opened her amber eyes, and smiled lazily at her brown coated daughter. "Give her a break, Flutter. Moon almost drowned in the farm bucket, and thanks to Farmer Frank, she was saved." The Border Collie reminded her. Flutter's ears drooped, her floppy ear slightly crooked, as she padded away, frowning. It always annoyed her when Moon got into all sorts of trouble-considering the fact that her litter-sister was born first. She wanted to explore something, and Flutter gazed at the forest, a few bear lengths away. Mother would not know, because she's sleeping! Besides, Moon is a big tattle-taler anyways! Tail high, Flutter padded towards the forest.

Panting, Flutter gazed up. She made it to the mouth of the undergrowth, it was a long trek. Lifting her chin, she got swallowed up by the trees. The forest blossomed with flowers, and bright berries were at the tips of the leafs on the trees. A vole darted past her, and Flutter instantly dashed after it. She managed to pounce on it, biting its neck and killing it. Flutter grinned. Mother would be so proud! Just then, Flutter froze as she heard pawsteps. Shivering, Flutter turned around and saw a huge black wolf, who looked a lot like Moon. His ocean blue eyes narrowed. "Whats a Farm Dog like you doing deep here in the Forest?" The male growled. Flutter gulped. "I'm sorry, sir I was bored, and I thought it would be cool to-" The wolf cut her off. "Don't you know that if some other wolf found you instead, they would of killed you?" The brute snapped, but his voice sounded more worried than annoyed. "Come on, I'll take you back to the front of the forest." And with that, he turned and padded away, and looked back. "And, keep my vole, Farm Dog." He added. Flutter instantly darted back to get the brown limp creature, before following the huge male. Flutter remained silent as she followed the wolf, using the vole she dragged as an excuse not to talk. They headed for an opening that led to the field, where the Farm was. "Next time, stay out of the Forest unless you want death driving towards you, Flutter." She gaped, dropping her vole as he bounded away. How did he know my name?