024. Johnny?

Mackenzie's POV

"Please, Johnny. Say Something"

But he didn't. A percentage of me was trying to persuade myself that he wasn't there. He wasn't in the room. He wouldn't just ignore me right? Does he want to be friends again? Does he still love me? But his soft cries from the other side of the door told me otherwise.

Those are the cries that everyone tends to make happen. He's always the one getting hurt in the end and were to caught up in our world to realize it.

"Kenzie?" Lauren called from her bedroom door. I turned around tears streaming down my face like there's no tomorrow. She held out her arms for a hug which I quickly ran into her arms for the comfort I needed. But sadly it wasn't the person I needed it from

"It's OK. He'll come around." She soothed

"But what if he doesn't? What if he doesn't talk to me ever again? What if he doesn't talk ever? I broke him, Lauren." I cried but the only thing she did was hold me tighter. I could hear shuffling in Johnny's room then the close of a door. He was ignoring me

"How about we go downstairs and get something to eat. You must be starving" I nodded my head agreeing with the best option for me right now. He held my side as we walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where the rest of her family was making dinner

"Hey girls! You hungry?" Meredith asked placing a plate of sushi in front of each of us. I really wasn't in the mood for sushi but I ate it anyway.

"Did you guys work it out?" Darian asked sitting across from Lauren. I shook my head no then he gave me a sympathetic look. I started back on my plate of sushi but I had the sudden feeling to throw up. I set my sticks down gently but scurried up the stairs as my life depended on it.

"I'm going to the bathroom," I yelled from the top of the stairs once I felt good enough. I stumbled into Lauren's bathroom sitting beside the toilet.

The moment I decided it was just nausea Johnny's door slammed closed and his heavy footsteps echoed through the hallway. "Johnny?" I whispered but of course, he couldn't hear me. I sat up from my eat on the floor and hurried int the hallway just in time to hear the front door close.

Out of curiosity, I walked into Johnny's room and everything seemed in order. But when I walked into the bathroom I knew it was a mistake letting him go. Blood was everywhere. The smell of metal burned my nose. I quickly closed the door and rushed out of the room making sure to close the door.

I rushed down the stairs and out the door ignoring Lauren's pleas for me to come back. I can see Johnny making a right turn down the street so I quickly ran down the block taking the turn just in time to see him walking down a path in the forest.

I remember a time Johnny mentioned a spot in the forest he and his friends always used to camp during the summer. I calmed down a little thinking he just went to visit. I caught my breath for a few minutes before slowly walking through the trees, careful not to make any noise.

Soon enough I ended up in a big space filled with 5 tents. "This must've been where they camped at," I said to myself. I walked to the first tent and I immediately guessed it as Annie's. I mean her picture was sitting there. I moved on to the next tent but it was empty.

All but a small picture frame laying in the middle of the room. I picked it up and quickly identified it as Johnny. He looked so young

Johnny?

He's supposed to be here. Where could he be? I stepped out of the tent and continued on the path he took. I started to run out of hope and believe he went back home while I was in the tent.

The minute I decided to turn back a tall medium figure caught my eye. Deciding it was Johnny I walked through the last of the trees and found my self on land before the edge of a cliff where Johnny was standing.

"Johnny?" I called but it was barely above a whisper

"Johnny?" I called again, this time a little louder. He stopped in his tracks and stood still. Still enough that if I walked a few feet back and looked at him again I would have never guessed that was a human being.

I walked up behind him close enough that his cologne filled the air. Just as I was about to grab his arm he flew from reach. But the only place he could go was-.

"Johnny!" I yelled finally finding the rest of my voice. I looked over the edge of the cliff but his body disappeared through the fog below.

I let out another loud scream reaching my hand down to 'help him up' but of course it was no use."Ma'am? We need you to clear the area.." A man in a white coat and blue jeans ordered running towards the cliff.

Two other men followed dragging a bed behind them. A loud siren blared In the distance not too loud from here making me jump.

"Ma'am we need you to clear the area, please?" He asked again. I stood up from my place on the floor but do to my excessive crying I dropped back down again.

He's gone

He's dead