Real life (13)

Jack Avery stood still in the position he was in. Nothing seemed worse to him than the situation he got himself into his freshman year.

Jack sat on his computer chair and listened to the echoes of his voice telling him that what had happened- was his own fault.

"But what if I didn't wan-" he said to himself but stopped, "you did want it" he said to himself again but this time with a straight face.

Nothing seemed worse than the memories of his freshman year in his head, replaying over and over again: Jack has never been able to escape it.

Jack Avery stood up from his desk chair, crying hardly as he grabbed the closest pill bottle to him. He opened it quickly and empty the yellow bottle into his hand.

Jack frowned at the thought of his body growing cold and feeling losing forever; but in a way he was happy about it.

It was almost like the world knew what was to come next by the soft knock on his bedroom door, causing the curly haired boy to drop each tiny pill on the floor.

"Jack?" he heard his sisters voice echoing throughout the house.

"Yeah?" He said hesitantly before peeking his eyes out the door.

"You okay?" Sydnie Avery asked the boy trying to sneak a peek at the room behind jack.

"I'm fine" jack muttered annoyingly.

"Jack- you-" Sydnie began but didn't know where to start.

Sydnie didn't want to admit to herself but Jack looked terrible. He looked as if he hasn't slept in days. His hair was unsettled and pushed to the side. His cheek bones stuck out, prominent and precise.

"Jack?" She said once again but pushing the door open and making jack stumble backwards.

Sydnie looked at the floor: scattered white pills around the floor.

"What is-" Sydnie said but cut herself off, "Jack?"

"What?" The boy cried out.

"You were going to leave me behind?" She asked looking up at him, "after everything- everything you have been through, you'd leave me like that?" She said letting tears fall from her eyes.

"Sydnie," Jack began but choked on his breath, "I can't live like this anymore" jack muttered looking down at his scarred wrists.

"Oh jack, you are so much stronger than you thing. That Connor boy deserves to pay for the shit he put you through" Sydnie said patting jack's back.

Jack sat down in the spot and looked up at his older sister, "I was so close to swallowing them" he said slowly looking down at the floor, he felt ashamed and angry at himself.

"I'm always here for you" Sydnie said and looked down at the floor as-well, "don't ever forget about that"