Chapter 12

The next day, the five were on their way to the hot springs

The next day, the five were on their way to the hot springs. They were riding in a comfortable shuttle bus while driving in the mountains. They had their very own chauffeur to take them there.

On the way there, Emi was fast asleep, listening to calming music with headphones on.

Tohru looked at her, putting her jacket over her sister. Looking out the window, she saw many trees and other mountains from a distance.

"Tohru..." Momiji whispered. "The scenery is beautiful, isn't it?"

Tohru nodded. "It's very beautiful."

Looking down, Momiji saw Emi's sleeping face. Carefully, his finger was going towards her face.

"Leave her alone, Momiji." Kyo said crossing his arms.

"I'm not going to wake her." Momiji gently poked her cheek.

It startled Emi awake. She put her arms up on reflex. "I know kung... Pow chicken..." Not even a second later, she fell back asleep.

Momiji was trying his hardest not to laugh. "Your sister is funny, Tohru."

Tohru carefully leaned Emi's head on her shoulder. "She makes me smile and laugh every day."

Yuki was looking ahead. "I think we're almost there."

The beginning of the hot springs trip was about to go into motion. Spending the night in a relaxing atmosphere was the perfect getaway after final exams, and before the new school year starts.

~•~

Arriving at the hot springs, the five were soon greeted by the hostess. For some reason, she looked tired and worn out. "Welcome..."

Emi looked genuinely concerned. "Are... Are you ok, m'am?"

The lady rushed up to Tohru and Emi. "LET ME SHOW YOU TO YOUR ROOM!"

Emi hugged Tohru's arm, both frightened by the sight while saying this in unison. "O-Ok..."

Walking along the outdoor corridors, Emi adored the view. The rock garden was absolutely beautiful. I want to have some time to draw this beautiful sight tonight.

"She's from the Sohma family too, but she stays here since she has poor health." Momiji explained.

"I'm terribly sorry for frightening you and your sister, Ms. Tohru." The hostess, known as Okami said.